Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Series A will end in late June
gazza15.jpg
Not sure how they can be certain about that.

Juventus and Sarri players cut their salaries to meet the club, stuck in the coronavirus emergency. The Juventus club is the first of the Italian ones to find an agreement with its members for the reduction of the fees, equal to the monthly salaries of March, April, May and June 2020. An operation that allows savings of 90 million euros (about a third of the total amount of wages). On a practical level, the players and Sarri will give up a month and a half of salary, because two and a half of the four totals will be paid in the 2010/21 budget year. The lightning deal, anticipated on Friday by the Gazzetta, had been conducted by Captain Chiellini, spokesman for the locker room, after having collected the opinion of the big names, from Buffon to Cristiano Ronaldo and Bonucci.

Very sad to hear this - hope they manage to save it even partly. A true icon of European football history - did the tour few years back - absolutely staggering

Agree. My favourite European ground. Like no other architecturally. Two of my best stadium experiences have been there, watched Milan win a title there in the late nineties, absolutely mental, bombs, smoke, choreography, incredible noise and atmosphere, then there was that night we beat Milan in the CL. Fabulous place. Really iconic building.

Last edited:
Agree. My favourite European ground. Like no other architecturally. Tow of my best stadium experiences have been there, watched Milan win a title there in the late nineties, absolutely mental, bombs, smoke, choreography, incredible noise and atmosphere, then there was that night we beat Milan in the CL. Fabulous place. Really iconic building.
Are they going to share a new stadium?

Will the cup game be worth watching or do you think they treat it like pre-season?

The Italian cup doesn’t have the same value for us as your national cups (very important for you) but now it is an important test bench. In addition, none of the four coaches in the game has ever won (Conte, Sarri, Gattuso, Pioli).

I watched most of the Juve v Milan game on BT. I had been considering buying access to the PL games on sky one way or another. But after my experiences of watching Bundesliga and this game with no fans I don't think I'll bother. It's a bloody awful experience.

Back
Top Bottom