Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tuttosport8.jpg

Juve has decided: Sarri exonerated. The elimination from the Champions League is fatal
Is it Paratici (?) that assembled this team based on the (hoped for) individual brilliance of Cronaldo but with a ragtag MF of freebies and geriatrics filling out the squad? Wouldn't it also be him who hired a coach whose philosophy is based on pressing and a developed group understanding yet expected this philosophy to be implemented in 1 season? Would it also be Paratici who wanted to sell his newly crowned player of the season in the previous summer TW?

Sounds to me like someone else should be losing their job but I'm not completely up on Juve dealings.

Last edited:
Is it Paratici (?) that assembled this team based on the (hoped for) individual brilliance of Cronaldo but with a ragtag MF of freebies and geriatrics filling out the squad? Wouldn't it also be him who hired a coach whose philosophy is based on pressing and a developed group understanding yet expected this philosophy to be implemented in 1 season? Would it also be Paratici who wanted to sell his new player of the season in the previous summer TW?

Sounds to me that someone else should be losing their job but I'm not completely up on Juve dealings.
I saw a report that said that their head of football could also get the sack.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:
I saw a report that said that their head of football could also get the sack.
Well, if they are one and the same (Paratici) then it only seems fitting, no? It's not just the CL failure though. The league wasn't a cakewalk for a team whose wage bill is double the next closest team.

Hope Poch recognizes the tactical/personnel mismatch and stears clear.

Is it Paratici (?) that assembled this team based on the (hoped for) individual brilliance of Cronaldo but with a ragtag MF of freebies and geriatrics filling out the squad? Wouldn't it also be him who hired a coach whose philosophy is based on pressing and a developed group understanding yet expected this philosophy to be implemented in 1 season? Would it also be Paratici who wanted to sell his newly crowned player of the season in the previous summer TW?

Sounds to me like someone else should be losing their job but I'm not completely up on Juve dealings.

You’re totally correct. He needs to be out. Poorly constructed squad.

Well, if they are one and the same (Paratici) then it only seems fitting, no? It's not just the CL failure though. The league wasn't a cakewalk for a team whose wage bill is double the next closest team.

Hope Poch recognizes the tactical/personnel mismatch and stears clear.

They could reconstruct that squad rather quickly. They have plenty of elite talent left and could bring in younger legs via the transfer market. There is no shortage of Italian players yearning to play at Juve.

They could reconstruct that squad rather quickly. They have plenty of elite talent left and could bring in younger legs via the transfer market. There is no shortage of Italian players yearning to play at Juve.
Sure, they could reconstruct it but what is "quickly"? Seems to me that FFP would be quite the hindrance considering the financial slights of hand they've had to do recently ie Cancelo, the Barca trade, etc. And the elephant in the room being a 35yo Cronaldo.

edit: This ain't good viewing when you consider the increase in wages are for players like Ramsey and Rabiot and much of their income increase was player sales that have been awful moves like Cancelo for Danilo.
EezOc24XYAEhdZE

So their replacement for Sarri is.... Andrea Pirlo. Who has been primavera coach for less than a week and never managed professionally.

This screams yes man appointment.

Sure, they could reconstruct it but what is "quickly"? Seems to me that FFP would be quite the hindrance considering the financial slights of hand they've had to do recently ie Cancelo, the Barca trade, etc. And the elephant in the room being a 35yo Cronaldo.

edit: This ain't good viewing when you consider the increase in wages are for players like Ramsey and Rabiot and much of their income increase was player sales that have been awful moves like Cancelo for Danilo.
EezOc24XYAEhdZE

Salaries are high not for an emir who pays like PSG or City but for an ambitious sporting project. 9 years ago they were much lower.

The problem is that too much recourse is being made to players taken at 0 € (for capital gains) but with wonderful heavy: Rabiot, Ramsey etc. then difficult to sell.
Sarri was good at bringing Dybala back to a high level (it will not go on the market this summer) but he was wrong to marginalize Emre Can and Mario Mandzukic.

Against OL you removed Dybala and had to let a U23 player (Olivieri) enter the most important match of the year

So their replacement for Sarri is.... Andrea Pirlo. Who has been primavera coach for less than a week and never managed professionally.

This screams yes man appointment.

I am a bit perplexed, but one thing is certain: Sarri is 61 years old and has a lot of experience but it was a foreign body. Pius has zero experience but knows the environment. Paradoxically, he is more influential than Sarri

Back
Top Bottom