Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inzaghi Pippo on Agnelli after the Juventus-Benevento 0-1 match

"I was particularly pleased with the praise of Andrea Agne lli. He came to the locker room after the game, they called me while I was in the shower. He wanted to greet me and congratulate me, I have known him for a lifetime but I put myself in his shoes, after losing to Benevento maybe you want to leave the stadium immediately, to close yourself somewhere. He was a great gentleman ».

I hadn't seen Guido's post. Sorry but I'm excited: Ternana is really unlucky but that's where I come from and I'm proud of it. We haven't lived there for over ten years (my wife and I) but I come back for my parents

I don't follow Italian football like I used to other than what happens to the likes of Juventus in the Champions League. My younger brother won a signed Roma shirt (signed by Mancini, who was a wing-back) when he was about 10 and has followed them ever since. So on the old Champ Manager games, he used to be Roma and I would usually choose Atalanta just to try and rival him in Serie A. They had some brilliant players back then on the game - Including a young Cristiano Doni who went on to have a fine career in real life, and Ousmane Dabo who was later punched in the noggin' by Joey Barton while playing for Manchester City!

Good times.

Andrea Pirlo never should have been hired as manager, what experience did he have in management, let alone being given Juve job?
He had been hired for Juventus U23, the Juventus satellite team that plays in the third division (Serie C). Then events catapulted him into the first team. In my opinion they reasoned like this: if it goes well we have the new Guardiola, if it goes wrong we have saved (salary € 1.5 million per year)

a2d0bb70bd3bb5c9c6ea32107711e374.jpg

Back
Top Bottom