ITK Guessing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are we about to sign?

• Total voters
i wouldn't get too carried away with this, wasn't It poch who kept saying our business would be done early this year lol , he may think we are close to announcing someone and we may be but he probably knows no more than everyone else

Still think we are after 2 perhaps 3 players by close of transfer.
1. Striker - Berahino as top target, if not him will be Austin for the Harry backup.
2. Wide Right/Striker - Njie reckon as top target, if not Werner as alternative. That all important speed, young and goal potential.
3. Wide Left - Yarmolenko attainable, he has goal in him. Bolasie would be the surprise but reckon Palace will price him out of reach.

Given the success of Alli, Winks in preseason I reckon Poch places more importance on CM ball retention, winning ball with younger mobile players who support the fwd midfield and striker. As such i'm staying away from a DM. If he needs a DM in some games Dier, Alderwiereld will pick up that space, but as a team which has the majority of possession we should be trying to get more goals.

As to funding 1,2 and 3 above we have a clear £18mill already then I can see perhaps:
1. Yedlin on loan
2. Cancer - don't care where he goes (aside from Spam) but Levy will get him off the books
3. Townsend and Dembele are vulnerable as both could raise £10-£15 mill each
4. Lennon as a classic deadline day special for £5mill
5. Carroll depending upon deadline day interest could stay could go, Pritchard more likely to be the backup for Eriksen

All in all we are shaping up as having a good squad with loads of potential.

i wouldn't get too carried away with this, wasn't It poch who kept saying our business would be done early this year lol , he may think we are close to announcing someone and we may be but he probably knows no more than everyone else

So our manager... Our manager.. The manager of THFC.. The one Daniel Levy said has the final say on transfers... Mauricio Pochettino..

Knows no more than everyone else?!

:pocheyes:

I don't follow European football that much, only when we are playing or when Woolwich are about to get knocked out.. But I have. A mate who follows it closely, a Geek if you will.
He reckons that N'Jie is the Bollocks and would be a great signing if we could get him..

Back
Top Bottom