It's time for a change.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's pretty clear the players want the manager gone, if anything I feel like this is a message to the chairman, replace him with someone better and show some ambition or we will down tools and make you suffer, they probably know Levy is just happy with getting top four and keeping Poch here to achieve it, these players want more than top four and they probably feel like the manager and chairman are both just content with mediocrity, or that the manager doesn't have the bollocks to confront the chairman about it or have the sway to change things.

I hate to see it because it's unprofessional and ultimately insults the fans who paid money to watch it but like with any job, sometimes you have to send a message that you aren't happy for things to improve, they did it with AVB and it worked, we got Poch, now we have stagnated under Poch because the players aren't buying what he is selling anymore.

We have failed on numerous occasions to get over the line for numerous reasons but the fact is, he simply isn't good enough and neither is Levy with his awful treatment towards managers when it comes to transfers, just being honest here, I can't make excuses anymore, it isn't good enough for this club and the manager needs to go and the chairman needs a serious change of attitude, he needs to tell our owners that we need to show more ambition.

These players aren't young and naive anymore, I think they have had a lightbulb moment and realised they are likely wasting their careers here because our manager doesn't have the tactical know how to win trophies and our owners and chairman do not have the ambition to win them either, wasting players careers like Harry Kane on broken promises.

It's like when Moura was dropped from the CL final after the performances he put in and being basically ignored since, I think things like that are what have cost us trophies along with the horrible squad mismanagement from Levy in terms of buying players when we needed them at important times.

One of our most promising teams ever has been wasted because of fucking boardroom politics, absolutley unacceptable.

If I had my way I'b be changing most of the squad at the moment. Those that played today, Moura aside were a disgrace to our club. But this is not fantasy football so a large number have to stay. Gutted at what is happening to our club.

Wasting what? Like Kanes career? Like he ruined the Clubs first and the only CL final ever in one hundred years?

If Poch goes I want someone ruthless to come in.

If a player wants to go fine but if they are not pulling their weight as they are paid to I want them and all the toxic elements kicked out of the club or forced to train with the kids.

For me it’s clear this runs deeper than Poch simply losing the dressing room, something behind the scenes is very wrong. When Jan comes Levy needs to get off his arse and sell or terminate players who are damaging the club, no haggling for the highest fee, straight the fuck out.

With the remaining players then the new manager can work with and get playing football again how it should be played.

There are players who are getting older and not as good and that’s normal, players who are average but there are also good players not pulling their weight and that is the unexceptable bit.

Wasting what? Like Kanes career? Like he ruined the Clubs first and the only CL final ever in one hundred years?
Your hatred of Kane shining through as usual. Go the bathroom, get a picture of Son up, and start tugging away. When Son leaves pester his new team's forum.

Your hatred of Kane shining through as usual. Go the bathroom, get a picture of Son up, and start tugging away. When Son leaves pester his new team's forum.
I don't hate Kane at all. He is a great chap why would I. But I remember you lol. What did you think would happen when you were clamouring for Kane on his 30 percent even half limping Kane starting the CL no matter what it should be. Arrogant? I would say fucking stupid

I don't hate Kane at all. He is a great chap why would I. But I remember you lol. What did you think would happen when you were clamouring for Kane on his 30 percent even half limping Kane starting the CL no matter what it should be. Arrogant? I would say fucking stupid
I was in Madrid supporting MY team, I even met people from here. I don't know where you were. I seem to remember Poch picking Kane, not me, or Kane himself. It will be a terribly sad day when Son leaves but at least we won't have to suffer you.

I was in Madrid supporting MY team, I even met people from here. I don't know where you were. I seem to remember Poch picking Kane, not me, or Kane himself. It will be a terribly sad day when Son leaves but at least we won't have to suffer you.
Seem to remember? hmm lol. This is the problem. I can see too much and your are blind. Don't worry about where I am. I'm always where I should be and it is outta here for couple of weeks. You take care too. You are going to need tjis international break soothing your ass down from bleeding.

Wasn't sure what thread to write this on but I'll just say this, and then say no more on the matter.

This Pochettino era (the last circa 5 years) have been a real joy, it's been some of the best football since I've been a fan since around 93/94. 3 years ago especially we had a great side, and if it wasn't for a rampant spell from Chelsea would've won the league. I feel there are two regrets.

One being obvious and that is, we didn't win anything in this era, which is a real shame. We had the chance 3 years ago, and last year, and I feel we will always regret this.

The second being how this era appears to be coming to an end. It is so disappointing and hard to bear. A selection of these players should feel utterly ashamed of themselves for how they are carrying themselves right now. It is the opposite of professional. Yes, Poch has his faults, he makes some bizarre decisions and I can't say yet whether I think he's the man to do another rebuild or not, but the likes of Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Danny Rose and a couple of others wouldn't have the career they have without Spurs and Pochettino, so for them to down tools and not give a damn, which is at it seems, is downright disgraceful.

I pray we turn it around to the extent that we do something this season, but who knows. But what can you do? It is what it is right now, and it's just a real shame this era is ending this way. I don't know the answer. There isn't a short term answer I don't think. Poch was certainly right when he said it is going to be a painful rebuild - and that's not even taking into account whether the chairman is willing to spend and spend big for the next few windows.

I for one just want to enjoy watching Spurs again, even regardless of results right now.

Back
Top Bottom