Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perisic is a great player. Hopefully his legs don't go next season, although from what I've seen from Inter he's an utter workhorse. My fear is not him being 33, it's him being 33 as a WB in a Conte system, which might be the most physically demanding position in football right now.

I've always wanted to bin someone for starting one of these. ;)
Do it. You've not got the votes. I am a delight!

smug top gear GIF

Perisic is a great player. Hopefully his legs don't go next season, although from what I've seen from Inter he's an utter workhorse. My fear is not him being 33, it's him being 33 as a WB in a Conte system, which might be the most physically demanding position in football right now.
I agree about the physical demands of the WB position in Conte's system, but Perisic won't play twice a week every week.

Sessegnon will definitely get games. And if we sign a LCB such as Bastone, Davies will provide squad depth at both LCB and LWB.

Conte has also talked about how next season's 5 sub rule will make squad depth crucial.

I agree about the physical demands of the WB position in Conte's system, but Perisic won't play twice a week every week.

Sessegnon will definitely get games. And if we sign a LCB such as Bastone, Davies will provide squad depth at both LCB and LWB.
I can see Royal and Davies as back up CBs and WBs.
Doc and Spence on the right and Sess and Perisic on the left.
All getting regular games.
Basically just swapping Reg for Spence and we probs have a few quids over for the transfer fund.

Last edited:
Would be perfect. The only hang up is that he's 33, but we're only signing him to a two year deal and he's still playing at a very high level.

Doesn't seem like he's getting one of those obscene free agent deals either. 2 years at 6 million is eminently reasonable. He'll split time with Sess and ideally by the time Perisic's contract is over, Sessegnon will be a bonafide first choice player and we can sign a youngster to back him up.

Would be perfect. The only hang up is that he's 33, but we're only signing him to a two year deal and he's still playing at a very high level.

Doesn't seem like he's getting one of those obscene free agent deals either. 2 years at 6 million is eminently reasonable. He'll split time with Sess and ideally by the time Perisic's contract is over, Sessegnon will be a bonafide first choice player and we can sign a youngster to back him up.
Yeah. Someone posted it was a 3 year deal. That would be crazy.

And in the Premier League which is on another level in terms of physicality/intensity

He was a WB in Conte's system last year and pretty much this year too, considering Inzaghi basically kept the team tactically the same.

Obviously you never know when the legs will go, but there's quite literally no more proven LWB in the world to play Conte's system than Perisic. He's just done it.

Sess's form at the end of the season makes me feel a lot better about Perisic's age as well. Sess has proved he's reliable enough to play regularly, him and Perisic will form a good tandem.

Back
Top Bottom