Jack Charlton Dead

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legend.

Probably more famous for his time Managing Republic of Ireland and their run in World Cup on account of his brother over-shadowing him at England(??)

Remember his real passion coming across in a TV series that he fronted about hunting, fishing, shooting he enjoyed that far more than football.

Never forget a great picture of Jack scoring a header from a set piece at the end of the season. As he headed the ball he appeared to be punching the CH in the throat.
Genuinely a great man. Recently Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter died. It seems that a whole generation is passing on. Still can't believe that Alan Ball was the first to go of the 66 boys.
Jack must be one of the few people loved equally in Ireland and England.

My dad meet him a few times. Said he was really nice, that was when he was manager of Republic of Ireland. RIP Jack.

Bit harsh on the Thread title innit?
(Although factually correct!)

RIP big Jack.

Wow, Leeds have lost some ez-players this year, haven't they?

Norman Hunter, Trevor Cherry, and now Jackie Charlton...

I think their return to the PL is almost, dare I say, fitting this year!

Also a little known fact is that he first promoted a young Paul Gascoigne to the Newcastle first team after watching him score a wondergoal for the youth team. Apparently he said to the person sitting next to him, You will never see a goal like that again. A proper football man who goes and watches the youth teams play IMO.
RIP Jack Charlton

Still no statement from Bobby Charlton about his brother's death...

If he's trying to make himself look like a prick then he's going about it in exactly the right way.

If family members want to mourn in private that's up to them.... I know who I'll judge a prick

That's nonsense.
He can release a statement about his brother's death and still mourn in private.

But the two brothers had a strained relationship for decades.

And this isn't an isolated case.

Bobby Charlton didn't visit his mum when she was dying because she didn't get on with his wife...

In fact, he didn't see her at all for the last 4 years of her life.

This is what led to the rift between him and Jack.

Last edited:
That's nonsense.
He can release a statement about his brother's death and still mourn in private.

But the two brothers had a strained relationship for decades.

And this isn't an isolated case.

Bobby Charlton didn't visit his mum when she was dying because she didn't get on with his wife...

In fact, he didn't see her at all for the last 4 years of her life.

This is what led to the rift between him and Jack.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom