Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been quite impressed tbh.

Hopefully he can start alot more games from now until the end of the season. Would be great for his development.

He's only just turned 20 and people were wondering why we signed him. He's the same caliber of prospect as Skipp imv, he just needs minutes.
To be honest, Skipp has shown a lot more than I expected of him at the start of the season (and I've always liked him), some of his performances over the last 6 weeks in particular have been outstanding. His ball carrying and forward passing is much better than I gave him credit for, and physically he's got everything but height.

Agree that Clarke is a good prospect, but I feel much surer in Skipp becoming a top level player. He makes the odd mistake that gives opposition a sniff but for a 20yo it's crazy how much he gets done for that Norwich team.

To be honest, Skipp has shown a lot more than I expected of him at the start of the season (and I've always liked him), some of his performances over the last 6 weeks in particular have been outstanding. His ball carrying and forward passing is much better than I gave him credit for, and physically he's got everything but height.

Agree that Clarke is a good prospect, but I feel much surer in Skipp becoming a top level player. He makes the odd mistake that gives opposition a sniff but for a 20yo it's crazy how much he gets done for that Norwich team.
Clarke needs a good loan next season. Mou kept him around because he impressed in training, but if he can get what Skipp is getting now it would be great.

Skipp has clearly improved since the start of the season, and I think Clarke can do the same if he has the opportunity.

Agree Skipp is looking excellent on loan with Norwich - probably as good or better than Spurs had hoped before the loan. And with luck he'll get even better maybe adding a few goals/assists to his repertoire but at least continuing to perform at the same high a high level in every game in the 2nd half of the season.

Jack Clarke looked very decent for Leeds, but actually only started 4 Championship games and was subbed on in another 19 games clocking up 2 goals and 2 assists in 791 minutes in 18/19 before being bought by Spurs. Last season we know was a right off for Clarke with loans to Leeds and QPR giving few minutes. This season he saw some minutes in pre-season and in addition to u23 minutes got 20 minutes v Ludogrets in EL looking reasonable.

So at this point of time Skipp looks by far the better bet to be in Spurs first team squad next season.

But if Clarke puts in more performances like his first half tonight for the remainder of the season for Stoke he will get much more experience and maybe look like a possibility for Spurs first team squad next season...or maybe season after.

Worth remembering that including tonight's match he's started less than a handful of matches in Championship (probably less than a third Skipp has started now) so Clarke has some catching up to do in terms of Championship starts.......and Clarke has yet to start any PL games (unlike Skipp) so no surprise Skipp looks the better prospect today,,, but by the end of the season Clarke might be demonstrating closer potential to Skipp than he does today..

Last edited:
caliber of prospect as Skipp
Not so sure about that mate. Let's give the boy a bit of time. What I saw from Skipp all the way back in 2017/18 was more intriguing than what I'm seeing out of Clarke.

Skipp is also 20 and practically guaranteed to be in the Championship team of the season.

Highlights of Clarke v Watford

Definitely something to work with, but definitely needs game time at Stoke before a proper judgement can be made as to whether he will be ready for Spurs either next season or indeed season after (with a loan for 6 months or full season 3021/22)

Definitely something to work with, but definitely needs game time at Stoke before a proper judgement can be made as to whether he will be ready for Spurs either next season or indeed season after (with a loan for 6 months or full season 3021/22)

I hope he’ll get a chance to develop. Looked slow in decision making and regularly needing too many touches on the ball to end up passing backwards.

Not bad at all.

I must say I'm fairly impressed with Clarke so far at Stoke, can see why we spent good money on him. Reminds me of Dwight McNeil a bit, except he's very right-footed as opposed to very left-footed. Hopefully he gets some games playing from the left, would be interested to see how he fares.

He's deceptive...slower than he looks.
Yeah he's not a powerful runner, quick over short distances and with his footwork to be fair. Gets muscled out of contested balls a bit. Generally smart use of the ball. Don't think he'll be a top top player or anything, but could definitely end up a v good squad player for us.

Yeah he's not a powerful runner, quick over short distances and with his footwork to be fair. Gets muscled out of contested balls a bit. Generally smart use of the ball. Don't think he'll be a top top player or anything, but could definitely end up a v good squad player for us.
He'll be a sound player for a championship side, but let's hope he is the next Chris Waddle for us.

He's good at protecting the ball when he has it at his feet but I would like to see him and Sess be more like Dele when he first joined us.

true, but we've rather jumped the gun on this kid. Barely half a season of football and we paid nearly 10m for him.

We'll pay his wages for years before he's useful for us on the pitch, if ever.

Back
Top Bottom