Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im very concerned about him

We have to remember we actually paid £10m for him.

He's been here for a while and hasn't seemed to improve at all.

When he has come in all these friendlies he hasn't really made an impression.

Doesn't seem to have pace or confidence or anything really. He needs to step up. He'll get another loan this season but honestly if he doesn't cut it this season we may have to just cut our losses.
He's rubbish.

Just keep loaning him out in the hope he performs and we can claw back 5m

He's a bloody expensive U23 player who might be useful playing for Luton or someone in the championship. So far, I've seen nothing that suggests he should be considered for the first team.

That's what you get 99% of the time when you buy a player that played 5 professional games in his life. Stupid business.
I've hoped for the best, and still do in spite of a lack of evidence in his favour, but the move looks dumber and dumber when you see young players who actually impressed over whole seasons in the Championship like Eze and Olise moving for similar ballpark figures.

Doesn't seem to have pace or confidence or anything really. He needs to step up. He'll get another loan this season but honestly if he doesn't cut it this season we may have to just cut our losses.
It would be interesting to see him play with better players around him.
He has been coming on at the time we make massive changes, so he gets to play in front of Harvey White and John rather than Dele and Skipp.
It has been a bit the same for Parrott, when he gets on it is with a group that doesn't really give him anything to work with.

He also lacks courage. When I last watched him he just played safe passes when he needs to take on a player and beat him and put a positive pass in. Lennon was young when he got in th team and was not powerful but did have pace. Clarke does not compare to Lennon at the same age.

I don't think it is courage. He's quite mature, technically good. He just can't beat most defenders for pace. Few can running with a ball. Lennon was an exception. Was awesome watching him arrive, and beat players for fun, when Routledge was supposed to be the hot one.

Let's be honest I said this back in July.

Its January now and he's been loaned to a League one club.

He was probably the worst signing of that window.

£10m for a guy with NO PL apperances. Each loan he goes further down a league.
He'll leave on a free before he plays for us. Yikes.

Let's be honest I said this back in July.

Its January now and he's been loaned to a League one club.

He was probably the worst signing of that window.

£10m for a guy with NO PL apperances. Each loan he goes further down a league.
He'll leave on a free before he plays for us. Yikes.
It's incompetence on a grand scale and the people responsible are never held to account. If i had spunked 10 million quid of my companies money on some shit purchase i'd expect to get fired or at the very least held to account and expected to justify the reasoning behind that outlay.

That doesn't seem to happen in football and definitely doesn't happen at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom