Jack Grealish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alli should look at Grealish and wipe a tear from his eye.

Every bit as gifted albeit in a different way but is wasting the kind of talent many of us would give a digit for.

I hope Grealish inspires Alli but the idea that Villa would swap with us is sheer folly.
Yeh agree, it's sad isn't it. You go back 3 years and you would never believe the reversal in their fortunes that's happened since 2017.

Absolutely superb talent. Really pains me that he could be playing in lillywhite. Hopefully bloody Southgate has finally wised up to the guy at least after mounting pressure. What the hell is it with these England managers never picking the raw talent until it's overwhelming ? Remember the exact same thing with Bobby Robson and Gazza.

It's clear we missed the boat on Grealish.

As good as Eriksen at his best? Not in my opinion but not the point but a better option than Ndombele who cost a lot more? I think it's possible

Now a moot point and sooner than later it will be a question of Liverpool or United or even Real Madrid, if he carries on in this fashion.

One or two questions remain but he is answering most.

Unusual to come through at 25 maybe but then Modric was quite a late bloom as well.
I like the lad don’t get me wrong , but better than Ndombele ?

He carried Villa on his own last year, whilst coming to grips with playing in the top flight. He has moved on a gear this season, and it pains me to think we missed out on signing him by a matter of days. Ah well.

Absolutely superb talent. Really pains me that he could be playing in lillywhite. Hopefully bloody Southgate has finally wised up to the guy at least after mounting pressure. What the hell is it with these England managers never picking the raw talent until it's overwhelming ? Remember the exact same thing with Bobby Robson and Gazza.
I was watching a bit of Euro 96 the other night. Fuck me, Terry Venables set us up with Steve McManaman and Darren Anderton as wing-backs. 3 defenders, with Ince/Platt sitting in front of them. Then he got Gazza and Teddy with Alan Shearer up top. Not a coincidence we played the best attacking football i've seen from an England team.

No England manager since would have picked that team. If only Southgate had the balls to pick a team like that.

It's clear we missed the boat on Grealish.

As good as Eriksen at his best? Not in my opinion but not the point but a better option than Ndombele who cost a lot more? I think it's possible

Now a moot point and sooner than later it will be a question of Liverpool or United or even Real Madrid, if he carries on in this fashion.

One or two questions remain but he is answering most.

Unusual to come through at 25 maybe but then Modric was quite a late bloom as well.

He doesn't even play in Ndombele's position - he plays left wing, so the comparison for us should be whether he's better than Son

Ross Barkley plays in the position most closely similar to Ndombele for Villa

I was watching a bit of Euro 96 the other night. Fuck me, Terry Venables set us up with Steve McManaman and Darren Anderton as wing-backs. 3 defenders, with Ince/Platt sitting in front of them. Then he got Gazza and Teddy with Alan Shearer up top. Not a coincidence we played the best attacking football i've seen from an England team.

No England manager since would have picked that team. If only Southgate had the balls to pick a team like that.
I thought that when I saw the starting line-up yesterday. Five defenders, two defensive midfielders and only Kane and Grealish in attacking positions I would have started. I don't rate Mount in the Sterling/Rashford/Sancho category.

They play different positions, not really a fair comparison currently. I would like to see Grealish play as a number10 but even Villa don't play him there.
I haven’t seen much of him play except for against us or England games , but I don’t see him as a better option then Son on the left , surprised United wasted so much effort on Sancho when £100
Million would have probably landed them Jack

I thought that when I saw the starting line-up yesterday. Five defenders, two defensive midfielders and only Kane and Grealish in attacking positions I would have started. I don't rate Mount in the Sterling/Rashford/Sancho category.
At least he was willing to make a change when 2-0 down by bringing on winks :levyeyes:
don’t get me wrong this isn’t a dig at Winks as he had a great game for England earlier in the week but not exactly the player you bring on when needing 2 goals and having the likes of Sancho etc on the bench

At least he was willing to make a change when 2-0 down by bringing on winks :levyeyes:
don’t get me wrong this isn’t a dig at Winks as he had a great game for England earlier in the week but not exactly the player you bring on when needing 2 goals and having the likes of Sancho etc on the bench
I actually rate Winks and haven't given up on him, but that was not an attacking and inspiring sub.

He doesn't even play in Ndombele's position - he plays left wing, so the comparison for us should be whether he's better than Son

Ross Barkley plays in the position most closely similar to Ndombele for Villa
That's where he plays but I think he's a natural 10. He's one of the most creative players in the PL, I've grown to really like him. Would like to see him get Villa into Europe

That's where he plays but I think he's a natural 10. He's one of the most creative players in the PL, I've grown to really like him. Would like to see him get Villa into Europe

In the evolution of his career:

- he broke into the team as kid playing left wing
- played 8/10 in the championship where the standard was poor enough that they could build a team around him
- tried the same last season.....they avoided relegation only because of that freak ghost goal vs Sheff Utd
- back to left wing this season and he and Villa look far better

I think he's a good player btw - he's just not the player most people think he is

In the evolution of his career:

- he broke into the team as kid playing left wing
- played 8/10 in the championship where the standard was poor enough that they could build a team around him
- tried the same last season.....they avoided relegation only because of that freak ghost goal vs Sheff Utd
- back to left wing this season and he and Villa look far better

I think he's a good player btw - he's just not the player most people think he is
Yeah you're not wrong, but I think as far as England is concerned that's where he'll end up (at least I'd like to see it). Interchanging with Kane as he drops back to create like he does. We have a ton of speedy wingers already, and need someone who can run forward with the ball. Kindof where Dele was heading before he went awol

I've always rated Grealish, always have and was one of his defenders when we were linked a few years back when people said he wasn't good enough and how if he was he wouldn't have been playing Championship football the majority of his career - but he's not world class and probably never will be.

I think what helps Grealish in how he is rated is he is aesthetically pleasing to look at on the ball. Good dribbler, wins fouls and got a bit of panache about him.

Its not really comparing eggs with eggs though by 96 Kane now is better than Shearer But every other player you mention is better than his current squad counterpart. Your point about Venables bravery stands though. No way Gary dose that

Yeah you're not wrong, but I think as far as England is concerned that's where he'll end up (at least I'd like to see it). Interchanging with Kane as he drops back to create like he does. We have a ton of speedy wingers already, and need someone who can run forward with the ball. Kindof where Dele was heading before he went awol
Spot on and I think if you think he is better than N'dombele your badly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom