Jack Roles

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought Roles, Sterling and Tracey were well regarded?
As time went on just proved themselves not up to it. Rodel Richards probably the best of the lot at this moment, slightly surprised he's been let go. Roles decent enough to make a career for himself at a lower level. Sterling has really flamed out.

Perhaps we feel the group behind is stronger?

The academy was always an investment that would take time to pay off, any view on how the younger groups are looking?

Marsh surprises me.
I have to confess I've completly lost touch with the group. I haven't seen them play in ages (2 Seasons??), just the odd game shown on oppo YouTube here and there.

Marsh was solid but not one to set the place alight, lacked imagination, a bit of an instep player looking for the safe ball rather than the odd pass with the outside of his boot (way down of Skipp for example). Another that will no doubt make it as a pro but will be surprised if it's in PL (or PL regular).

I never thought players like Charlie Daniels or Adam Smith could make their way into the PL, Jake Livermore was an ok midfielder who has had many games in the PL over the years, there are other examples so Jack should keep the hope alive. He is is still young and he just needs to be lucky in choosing the right clubs and playing for the right managers.

U23's released
Enock Asante
Chay Cooper,
Keenan Ferguson,
George Marsh,
Rodel Richards,
Jack Roles,
Aaron Skinner,
Kazaiah Sterling
Shilow Tracey

U18 players
Eddie Carrington
Tarrelle Whittaker.
Just shows you.... I thought all 4 of those would have Spurs futures.... do you think IF he comes back, Poch has ANY say in who gets released or kept?
Then again, if you believe some, he probably doesn't really have a clue who ANY of them are!!!

As time went on just proved themselves not up to it. Rodel Richards probably the best of the lot at this moment, slightly surprised he's been let go. Roles decent enough to make a career for himself at a lower level. Sterling has really flamed out.
But i thought we WERE lower level Now?

Just shows you.... I thought all 4 of those would have Spurs futures.... do you think IF he comes back, Poch has ANY say in who gets released or kept?
Then again, if you believe some, he probably doesn't really have a clue who ANY of them are!!!

But i thought we WERE lower level Now?
Yeah, Richards was probably the only one I thought had a touch of Prem standard, and Sterling years and years ago, for a hot minute. Tracey had something about him as well. The rest were clearly lower level imo.

Our squad may as well have not been coached for the last two years, and we've still finished 7th in the world's best league, I wouldn't worry about us too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom