Jake Livermore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proud he's a product of our academy but I don't think he is quite capable of playing at our level. I'd imagine many Prem teams that want some extra shielding would be interested in him.

I'd see if we can get him a premier league loan (somewhere like Norwich) and see if he can perform well over a sustained period.

Ultimately don't think he'll ever be good enough for where we want to be though. Shame as I like the lad.

I like the fact that he's less ambitious attacking-wise than Parker and seems to know his limitations. Good in the tackle, reasonably fit and strong, decent with the simple passes.

Whilst I don't want him as a starter I do feel as a squad player he's ideal and spurs thru & thru which helps.

Given we've Sandro in there and presuming we're unfortunate enough to retain Parker (or if we shift him he's replaced) I think Jake's as good a player as you'd get to be 3rd choice in that role!

I'd see if we can get him a premier league loan (somewhere like Norwich) and see if he can perform well over a sustained period.

Ultimately don't think he'll ever be good enough for where we want to be though. Shame as I like the lad.

Problem is he wont get that if he does ok and comes back to us, he'll just be a squad player not getting regular football. Bassong is now getting regular games and is doing well, but some players need to play every week and arent up to being dropped back in here and there when needed.

I like the fact that he's less ambitious attacking-wise than Parker and seems to know his limitations. Good in the tackle, reasonably fit and strong, decent with the simple passes.

Whilst I don't want him as a starter I do feel as a squad player he's ideal and spurs thru & thru which helps.

Given we've Sandro in there and presuming we're unfortunate enough to retain Parker (or if we shift him he's replaced) I think Jake's as good a player as you'd get to be 3rd choice in that role!

Since Parker's on the way out, I think AVB rates Livermore highly enough to have him as backup for Sandro.

I also think that he's Spurs is proving to be a distraction for those looking at him objectively - I'd like to loan him out to see what he's capable of for half a season (with the option to recall him)...Rose's progress is testament to how well it can work. Even if we just sell him on afterwards with a greater value.

Hull City manager Steve Bruce hailed Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore following his side’s 3-2 win at Newcastle.

The Tigers came from behind twice to beat the Magpies, with Huddlestone, a £5m signing from Tottenham and Livermore, who is on a season-long loan from Spurs, excellent in the middle.

“We’re delighted the pair of them have come and joined us. I hope we can afford Jake if he ever becomes available from Spurs and Tom’s a really wonderful footballer. There are people here who enjoy playing with him.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/bruce...l-permanently-13092161074#T7KQUT3K8gk6fsiB.99

Jake scored for Hull on the weekend! Nice one Jake!! His old man's proper Spurs as is Jake and I have a feeling he'll be recalled back into competing for the 1st team in the summer.

We'll also recall Carrol into 1st team contention but will probably sell one of Sandro, Dembele or even Pauliniho post world cup if any big money offers from Champions League clubs come in, if we've not qualified.

Not opposed to selling Paulinho if a good offer comes in.

-ducks-

But seriously, his wanks in front of the net are fucking embarrassing to the game itself. Maybe if he made up for it with incredible passing ability, but if he's not scoring with his intelligent runs into the box he doesn't offer anything more than any of the other central midfielders we have.

Jake scored for Hull on the weekend! Nice one Jake!! His old man's proper Spurs as is Jake and I have a feeling he'll be recalled back into competing for the 1st team in the summer.

We'll also recall Carrol into 1st team contention but will probably sell one of Sandro, Dembele or even Pauliniho post world cup if any big money offers from Champions League clubs come in, if we've not qualified.

Jake has being English under his belt, but at his age I don't think he'd unfortunately make it at Spurs. Bentaleb is a like for like; and despite being French, in the eyes of the club he'll qualify as homegrown hence negating a numeric advantage for Jake.

Why? Because he's doing well for Hull? He's hardly done more than Jamie O'Hara did for Portsmouth. He played a handful of games last season for us and I don't recall a single positive comment from anyone, the negative ones though were plenty. Has something changed?

Good news for him to be playing regularly. Starting to show the promise that was on show prior his injury last yr.
Is he better than what we got ? If he is good enough, bring him back to play not just to be home grown player number.

Why? Because he's doing well for Hull? He's hardly done more than Jamie O'Hara did for Portsmouth. He played a handful of games last season for us and I don't recall a single positive comment from anyone, the negative ones though were plenty. Has something changed?

There were positive comments but he's not good enough for spurs was about the consensus , he's not better than what we have atm , that much is certain. I honestly believe JJ is better then JL ...

Absence always makes the heart grow fonder...

Not opposed to selling Paulinho if a good offer comes in.

-ducks-

But seriously, his wanks in front of the net are fucking embarrassing to the game itself. Maybe if he made up for it with incredible passing ability, but if he's not scoring with his intelligent runs into the box he doesn't offer anything more than any of the other central midfielders we have.

As critical as Ive been of Sherwoods last couple of games, his suicidal "everyone run at goal" philosophy has already got some of the attacking players going again, could be just what Paulinho needs

Back
Top Bottom