Jake Livermore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As critical as Ive been of Sherwoods last couple of games, his suicidal "everyone run at goal" philosophy has already got some of the attacking players going again, could be just what Paulinho needs

Mayhaps, but it seems to me he's gotten in the opposing box plenty of times only to send the ball out of the stadium. We'd likely have a positive goal differential at the moment if it weren't for some of those. That one against Fulham... fuckin hell there's absolutely no excuse.

He has shown he can score, for us and for (and in) Brazil.

Players coming from south america rarely hit the ground running (Sandro? Lamela? (via Italy!)) and yet Paulinho has been heavily involved all through the season, and played well enough IMO.

No, he hasnt been amazing, but solid enough and versatile and as you say - he has found the right positions as well.

Im willing to wait on him to come good for a while because at this stage he has already surpassed my expectations.

He has shown he can score, for us and for (and in) Brazil.

Players coming from south america rarely hit the ground running (Sandro? Lamela? (via Italy!)) and yet Paulinho has been heavily involved all through the season, and played well enough IMO.

No, he hasnt been amazing, but solid enough and versatile and as you say - he has found the right positions as well.

Im willing to wait on him to come good for a while because at this stage he has already surpassed my expectations.

All fair enough. But as I said, don't care if you're new to the continent and new to the language, there's no excuse for some of his misses. I certainly hope he does well if he sticks around, but if Chelsea does indeed come in with a massive offer in January, I must say as of this moment I'm not opposed. Let him pelt the Bridge's stands with balls fresh out of the opponents' six.

You do realise if he goes there he will have done his "settling in" with us and then promptly replace Lampard and his 20+ a season for them :avbfacepalm:

I mean it would be just that Spursy luck that as you wish we cash in on him because he cant hit a barn door - and he would go into his next club and be world class...

Now that's fair.

Really @ Arjun Arjun ? I promote fair discussion here son, there's no need for such antics. Are you content with Paulinho's wankoffs in the box? If so, why so?

Paulinho definitely strikes me as a typical "not yet settled in"case. Clearly lacking a bit of confidence. Like the miss against Fulham, a confident player rolls that in.
Saying you'd sell him to Chelsea is borderline moronic. If Chelsea are making a bid for him then he's obviously the level of player we want and need. No point selling him to a.club we're trying to finish ahead of.

Now that's fair.

Really @ Arjun Arjun ? I promote fair discussion here son, there's no need for such antics. Are you content with Paulinho's wankoffs in the box? If so, why so?
Saying you'd be happy with him going to Chelsea is ridiculous, they're one of our biggest fucking rivals. I've been disappointed with him too but if we're willing to give Lamela so much time and patience because he moved to a new country then we should give Paulinho the same since he moved to a whole new continent. At least it's reassuring that he 's getting into the right positions, he'll definitely come good for us

Last edited:
Saying you'd be happy with him going to Chelsea is ridiculous. I've been disappointed with him too but if we're willing to give Lamela so much time and patience because he moved to a new country then we should give Paulinho the same since he moved to a whole new continent. At least it's reassuring that he 's getting into the right positions, he'll definitely come good for us IMO

Well since he's brought up, I didn't want Lamela in the first place. Thought it was a ridiculous fee for a player with one decent season under his belt in UEFA's fourth rates league, especially given that there were better players, just as young, and in a more needed position (left winger and capable of providing cover at striker) available for less than half the price. But while the online Spurs community was having a massive circle jerk to a few Youtubes, they bombarded anyone who opposed the notion of acquiring him with negative responses. The fact of the matter is that was a straight up Baldini buy helping out his old club, clearly looking to maintain good ties for his own purposes as well as hopefully for us later down the road (Dodo).

But regardless, we've spent close to 30 million GBP on him for a position of need. Therefore with an investment like that, he does get a bit more leniency than Paulinho who plays in a position where we're clearly the deepest, especially if he's given chances and blowing them at an alarming rate.

Paulinho is not a bad player, and I'd love to see him come around if he sticks around. But as of this exact moment in time, we could do a lot with a handy 20 mil GBP available and let the worst environment and worst track record available for settling players try to settle him.

Crystal Palace want to hijack Hull's move for Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore
  • Hull boss Steve Bruce wants to make Livermore's loan deal permanent after her impressed last season
  • But Palace want to swoop in as Hull struggle to agree terms with Spurs
  • New Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is likely to let Livermore leave
article-2646309-1A3C999E00000578-261_634x581.jpg

PUBLISHED: 15:58, 2 June 2014 | UPDATED: 15:58, 2 June 2014

Crystal Palace want to hijack Hull's move for Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore.

Livermore spent last season on loan at the KC Stadium, and manager Steve Bruce wants the midfielder on a permanent deal.

However, Hull are having difficulty in agreeing terms with Tottenham, and Palace are hopeful of swooping in with a move of their own.

Eagles boss Tony Pulis, who is also keen on Spurs defender Michael Dawson, is a fan of Livermore's midfield qualities and has identified as potential summer signing.

Livermore played a key role for Hull last season and is open to the idea of extending his stay with the Tigers.

Despite the arrival of Mauricio Pochettino as new manager at White Hart Lane it is looking increasingly likely the 24-year-old will be allowed to leave Spurs this summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-midfielder-Jake-Livermore.html#ixzz33UqOnwAA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I like Livermore. I think he is fairly limited, but at the same time rounded enough to be a decent Premiership player. I also really like his attitude.
However, selling him is an absolute no-brainer. We will get relatively good money for him, he cost us nothing and lets be honest - his chances of getting in the team are very slim.

Cash in - great athlete, good attitude and a solid player...but one-dimensional and well down the pecking order here. I'd rather we had kept Hudd last summer but he needed regular football and he wasn't going to get it given the plethora of CMs at the club. Best for all parties if he moves on.

I fully expect Dan to wring every last penny out of potential suitors :levystare:

I like Livermore. I think he is fairly limited, but at the same time rounded enough to be a decent Premiership player. I also really like his attitude.
However, selling him is an absolute no-brainer. We will get relatively good money for him, he cost us nothing and lets be honest - his chances of getting in the team are very slim.

Completely agree with this. He's one of the old-fashioned "jack-of-all-trades but great at nothing" central midfielders. At a progressive club such as ours, he unfortunately doesn't have much of a place. Particularly hate that since he's an academy lad and lifelong fan, but I think it's time for both parties to amicably go their separate ways. If I could, I'd certainly keep him though as this:

Loved him in the 2012/2013 season, every time he came on in the 85th minute we were guaranteed to win, sure he just came on to inject Bale with football drugs.

is absolutely true. We could hardly do worse as a backup player to trust to come in and shore things up in front of the back line due to his passion more than anything else. Given that I think we're likely to sell Dembele this summer, and Sandro has his own fitness issues, I do hate seeing Livermore go. But unfortunately I think the time has come in which we have no choice.

Back
Top Bottom