Jake Livermore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Livermore as a player and whilst many will disagree, I'm not convinced that Paulinho is really that much better.

I wish Jake well at Hull.

Paulinho is bizarre can pull of the most crazy flicks and score goals from middle field but disappears for much of the game.

Paulinho is bizarre can pull of the most crazy flicks and score goals from middle field but disappears for much of the game.

IMO even when he does disaapear, he's still active which leads to teams being more solid overall.

He's no pushover and adds great balance. Look at the chaos of other big teams shopping goals and having problems in front of goal in the wod cup.

He's been workmanlike in the World Cup. He should be the solid base that allow the lamelas and eriksens to run the show.

Livermore is good backup for a dm but not a box to box player. Livermore being reportedly moved on is good for me because it suggests the beast, dembele and capoue are staying.

Goodbye, thanks and best of luck Jake! Whatever people's opinions of his abilities, I think it might be a while before we see another Spurs player score against Barcelona at Wembley!

Good luck to him, he seemed to settle into their team well last season - would never have had enough playing time had he stayed, plus it seems like we made a decent chunk of £ too = good deal for all parties.

Best of luck to him ...
While, tbh, I don't have many memories of Livermore, but this does stand out a bit:

When asked by a reporter of how he felt after scoring against Barcelona (in a pre-season game), Livermore replied, I already play for the best club in the word.

Best of luck to him ...
While, tbh, I don't have many memories of Livermore, but this does stand out a bit:
True, that quote will easily be the thing he's most fondly remembered for by us. But on a personal note I remember a couple of games where I really thought here's a player who has worked his arse off and won't get the recognition he deserved for this game. Being a local lad, Spurs through and through, I can't help wishing little bit that he'd been given more of a chance in a settled midfield that utilised a DM properly. Oh well, on to bigger and better things I'm sure (us, anyway, haha)

Every time i see we got £8MILLION POUND for him i can't help but piss myself laughing. Hull have had their pants pulled down and haven't even got a courtesy spit for lube.
:ade::adelol::paulinholol:
:levylol::levylol::levylol:

never has been and never will be, end of discussion...

List his goals please. He was only played as a defensive mid filed player. To be fair, as he actually managed todo very little, it was always difficult to figure out exactly what he was. One thing is for sure, it's a not a good footballer.

Went on the Hull forums to see there reaction. Seemed happy to have him, albeit many saying they think they have overpaid slightly. Wish him all the best with his move to Hull, hopefully can grow from an impressive season last year.

Back
Top Bottom