James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where did I say Son needed to score or assist every game? He looked tired tonight, his touch was poor and he was probably our worst player. He's entitled to having a bad game.

Porro and Udogie have been great this season, but again I was talking about tonight. They were both worse than Maddison.
Madders hasn’t put in a meaningful performance in months and yet he’s getting free passes putting in shit performance after shit performance - that is the difference

Madders hasn’t put in a meaningful performance in months and yet he’s getting free passes putting in shit performance after shit performance - that is the difference
You’re right he’s struggled since returning- he hasn’t looked fully fit or mobile since before he was injured. Could there be a link perhaps? 🤔

He was subbed off when he was looking as likely to do something as anyone, that's not his fault. His replacement was that poor, Ange himself may as well have ran on instead.

It's clear Maddison is struggling a bit since he returned from injury, and haven't seen many people here saying anything else. But there were far worse performers on the pitch than him today.

Udogie, Porro, Son, Bissouma were all much much worse that Maddison today. And Vicario was at fault for the goal again.

Seems weird to single out Madders.

Vic wasn't at fault for the goal...... Zouma bought himself some space cos no-one tracked his movement and the ball bounced in off his back....... Vic wasn't muscled out of a save.

Vic wasn't at fault for the goal...... Zouma bought himself some space cos no-one tracked his movement and the ball bounced in off his back....... Vic wasn't muscled out of a save.
Disagree and so did the pundits. The ball has dropped into an area that the keeper should be marshalling.

That kind of floaty inswinger in the centre of the goal should be goalkeepers ball every time.

I will say that Bissouma's efforts on Antonio didn't help Vic either.

Disagree and so did the pundits. The ball has dropped into an area that the keeper should be marshalling.

That kind of floaty inswinger in the centre of the goal should be goalkeepers ball every time.

I will say that Bissouma's efforts on Antonio didn't help Vic either.
No way is Vic to blame for the goal. Even though the ball in isn’t whipped it’s still got enough pace on it to make it impossible for Vic to get round Antonio and come and get it. Zonal marking is fucking horrid at times. Players stand in their zone and watch the ball and have zero awareness what’s around them because they are marking a space. Fuck that,never seen space score a goal.

I'll give him a pass because he was continually getting clattered by Paqueta and the referee was basically encouraging it.

Watching him walk off when he got subbed he looked like a guy that's in pain.

Poor cunt has been kicked all over the place anll year and picked up a bad injury. He’s still recovering from it.
We get FUCK ALL from the refs. He was shoved all over the place today. Poor against Luton, no question but even after his injury I’ve thought he’s been decent.
Absolutely smashed all over the place today.
He’s a bloody talented player that the refs seem to enjoy seeing get kicked all over the pitch.
I didn’t like him before he came to us, but he’s getting a raw deal and we all need to get behind him. He is a game changer.
He is the type of player who will win us a trophy.

No way is Vic to blame for the goal. Even though the ball in isn’t whipped it’s still got enough pace on it to make it impossible for Vic to get round Antonio and come and get it. Zonal marking is fucking horrid at times. Players stand in their zone and watch the ball and have zero awareness what’s around them because they are marking a space. Fuck that,never seen space score a goal.

People also don't attack the ball because their space is perceived to be all important.

Poor cunt has been kicked all over the place anll year and picked up a bad injury. He’s still recovering from it.
We get FUCK ALL from the refs. He was shoved all over the place today. Poor against Luton, no question but even after his injury I’ve thought he’s been decent.
Absolutely smashed all over the place today.
He’s a bloody talented player that the refs seem to enjoy seeing get kicked all over the pitch.
I didn’t like him before he came to us, but he’s getting a raw deal and we all need to get behind him. He is a game changer.
He is the type of player who will win us a trophy.
He’s gotten the shit kicked out of him. Sure wish the club would get more vocal about protecting their investment and our best attacker.

What? Richarlison is barely returning and has cited suicidal thoughts recently. Are you serious?
That was earlier in the season. He was on fire now he's been dropped. Barring Solomon all our forwards are available. Are you serious about not having any attacking players to choose?

Where did I say Son needed to score or assist every game? He looked tired tonight, his touch was poor and he was probably our worst player. He's entitled to having a bad game.

Porro and Udogie have been great this season, but again I was talking about tonight. They were both worse than Maddison.
I notice Liverpool are playing Thursday, plenty of extra rest for them,as usual.

I'd honestly start lo celso ahead of him next game. I think he needs a bit of a kick up the arse to get going again. Not been good since he came back.

He’s gotten the shit kicked out of him. Sure wish the club would get more vocal about protecting their investment and our best attacker.
Not sure about our best attacker. 100% our most creative player though.
But he’s absolutely getting whacked every game.
And oppo players take it in turns to hack him.
He must almost always be limping after a game.
players with elegance, like him , should be protected against cloggers rather than someone for the filthy and talentless fuckers to practice on unpunished.
You watch the furore when Saka, Foden or Salah get scythed.
I love my club and am biased as fuck.
But I don’t seen many penalties for us or much sympathy on anything 50/50.
Ergo, it’s all bent, I’m a bit pissed…. Or both

Back
Top Bottom