James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maddison - patchy form since returning from injury ....

He was at the heart of Tottenham’s strong start to the season but has now gone eight straight matches without a goal involvement.
Maddison, Kulu, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, Johnson (after looking up) - so many individual players struggling.

Must be the players. Couldn't possibly be anything else, could it.

Decent today, thought he was much better 2nd half, played with a bit of personality.

For our sake though I hope he doesn't make the Euro's and has a rest this Summer.

That attack in the 2nd half when he tried to dribble past 2 players, lost the ball, flung himself down to win a free kick, didn't get it, all the while Romero intercepted a pass and the played the ball out wide and burst a lung to get into the box and cut the ball back and it dropped for Sarr to shoot, saved brilliantly by the keeper, fell to Romero again who tried to find someone at the back post, it gets cleared and who do we see gesturing and pouting on the edge of the box...

He's got a lot to do for me to prove he's of the standard required to take this club forward, seen much better players than him here with half of his arrogance.

Define "wildly overrated", because I'd say the vast majority of our fans had us down for 7th-8th this season and the reality is we're still mathematically capable of qualifying for the Champions league with matchday 37 coming up.
OK, well according to this board and many sources like We aew Tottenham Tv
Ange is a magician, comparable will all the greatest managers ever.

We apparently have the best GK and defense in the league.

Individually our midfielders and attackers are world class.

And despite all that, 37 points from the last 26 games.

Go figure

OK, well according to this board and many sources like We aew Tottenham Tv
Ange is a magician, comparable will all the greatest managers ever.

We apparently have the best GK and defense in the league.

Individually our midfielders and attackers are world class.

And despite all that, 37 points from the last 26 games.

Go figure

Disgusted Johnny Depp GIF

The question you should ask yourself is why as a grown adult do you take these things as gospel and believe them yourself and then run with these opinions as gospel if you don't think they're valid yourself?

That attack in the 2nd half when he tried to dribble past 2 players, lost the ball, flung himself down to win a free kick, didn't get it, all the while Romero intercepted a pass and the played the ball out wide and burst a lung to get into the box and cut the ball back and it dropped for Sarr to shoot, saved brilliantly by the keeper, fell to Romero again who tried to find someone at the back post, it gets cleared and who do we see gesturing and pouting on the edge of the box...

He's got a lot to do for me to prove he's of the standard required to take this club forward, seen much better players than him here with half of his arrogance.
He's turned in to the whiny annoying man child I expected him to be in the second half of this season. Shame as the first half he looked elite in play and mentality and I thought he'd really stepped up to what we all thought was a higher level.

Opposition players pile up on him because he is the only Spurs player capable of creative passing... that obviously adds up to frustration and doesn't allow him to regain the form. If we added a player or two that are able to find a good pass and hope for Bentancur get to pre injury levels we would get a lot more comfortable. I'd pay the asking price for Olise and do it early, one can dream

Back
Top Bottom