Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok then, Livermore, Caulker, Lancaster, Smith, Carroll Fredericks Pritchard......WINKS!

The list really does go on, by the way.
We probably made 25-30m selling those lads and I can’t see Winks going for under 15m considering he’s English and has double digit national team caps.

Even if they weren’t good enough for our first team, they are undeniable successes for the academy.

Would you have said that about Scarlett if he was still banging then in for the youth teams or are you going on the few senior appearances you have seen?

We probably made 25-30m selling those lads and I can’t see Winks going for under 15m considering he’s English and has double digit national team caps.

Even if they weren’t good enough for our first team, they are undeniable successes for the academy.
25 mill phwooor stick another 5 million on that and that's a whole Sissoko's worth there.

Bentaleb, Coulthirst, Harrison, Walkes, Oakley Boothe.

How much of him have you seen?

Good enough to stay and make it, or will need to loaned out?

I’ve only seen him live couple of times and maybe dozen times on video. But it’s enough it’s just obvious. For a 16 year old he’s got unbelievable presence like all top players have, just stands out a mile.

Ah your correct a Sheffield boy, nevertheless another "up and coming" who proved to be a disappointment.

I reserve the right to not get my hopes up.
I reserve the right to get my hopes up.

Our youth academy is our best hope for having a team capable of competing for major honours. We can't buy the best players but we can develop them.

Back
Top Bottom