Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks worse than Kane earlier in the season. He had a lot of weight on it. He may well need surgery, and even if not he may not be quite the same player again. Hopefully I am wrong, but it isn't just a question of how long he is out for but whether his ankle will be as strong as before once healed. He does have the best support available though and best case scenario he has just sprained it really bad and it will heal up fine.

Fuck....could be a career ender

All trying to keep a dead ball in play. Forget our run, I just feel for the man.

Good luck Jan
Its not a career ender. My son, over 6 foot just as heavy came down on his ankle from a great height when playing basketball, he turned it as much and felt the pain, went faint and dizzy and nauseous. It took us about 4 / 6 weeks with constant ice, exercise and rest. The hospital wouldn't even X-ray it. Vert will have professional medical support although I cant see it being less than 4 weeks. I son had to strap it up and carry on, vert will be pampered.

Its not a career ender. My son, over 6 foot just as heavy came down on his ankle from a great height when playing basketball, he turned it as much and felt the pain, went faint and dizzy and nauseous. It took us about 4 / 6 weeks with constant ice, exercise and rest. The hospital wouldn't even X-ray it. Vert will have professional medical support although I cant see it being less than 4 weeks. I son had to strap it up and carry on, vert will be pampered.

Yeah I saw ligaments and shit it.....just assumed it was knee

Superman should pull through

Alderwiereld and Vertonghen have completed only 10 full prem games this season!! That's less than half of games played in the league this season. We have already proven we have the depth to cover the loss of a CB and also still have the technical flexibility of having the option of 3 or 4 at the back. We're 2nd with the best defensive record having not had our best CB partnership for half our league games.

Alderwiereld and Vertonghen have completed only 10 full prem games this season!! That's less than half of games played in the league this season. We have already proven we have the depth to cover the loss of a CB and also still have the technical flexibility of having the option of 3 or 4 at the back. We're 2nd with the best defensive record having not had our best CB partnership for half our league games.
its incredible. In 30 years of supporting this club I have never known stats like these.

I think we missed Toby more!!

Tobes+Dier+Wimmer/Davies as the back 3 should be OK... that's the point of having 3 of them there... there's always cover! :tobyarm: :dier:

Besides, in Davies (an Wimmer I believe) both have played on the left of a Central Defensive unit/partnership for Wales & Austria... I think!

Desperate luck for Jan, coming down heavily on the bloody astroturf alongside the pitch, that according to the radio is only there to make things look nicer. Presumably for the telly? Unbelievable if true.

I think we missed Toby more!!

Tobes+Dier+Wimmer/Davies as the back 3 should be OK... that's the point of having 3 of them there... there's always cover! :tobyarm: :dier:

Besides, in Davies (an Wimmer I believe) both have played on the left of a Central Defensive unit/partnership for Wales & Austria... I think!
This. Alderweireld is the key to our defence ticking, which just goes to show how incredible the stats are for the season so far when we missed him for roughly half of it.
Three at the back allows him to marshal the defence in the most effective way - so great to watch.
Desperate luck for Jan, coming down heavily on the bloody astroturf alongside the pitch, that according to the radio is only there to make things look nicer. Presumably for the telly? Unbelievable if true.
Indeed. The one aspect that makes the London Stadium better than ours is the amount of turf a player can run into when chasing the ball. About 20 yards of it!
:kanehand:

The turf is there to cover all the wires and protects them. Having 30ft cables around the edge of the pitch is going to lead to people falling all over them and standing on them with metal studs.

One aspect where WHL is utter shit, the crowd is very close to the pitch but at a cost of surface along the edges. I've commented in the past that for a player to take a corner at WHL they have to step on 3 different types of terrain (Sandy-earth, astro then grass). This is only going to lead to poor corners and injuries.

The players going from having incredible traction on grass to being ice skaters in the span of 1 stride.

1448794367891_lc_galleryImage_Danny_Rose_Kyle_Walker_an.JPG

Can someone genuinely tell me what the point of all that blue shit around the pitch is? What even is it? Why not just have astro-turf right to the crowd barrier? Fucking stupid.

Back
Top Bottom