Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't believe they let him carry on playing until half time. I thought it was silly at the time. He obviously wasn't right and playing on it was only ever going to make it worse surely?

Only Jan would have known.

If it felt that bad at the time, he could always have just sat down. The decision to keep playing until half time would have been all him.

Only Jan would have known.

If it felt that bad at the time, he could always have just sat down. The decision to keep playing until half time would have been all him.

I can see that the medical staff have to make decisions based on information that the player feeds them. But he DID sit down. That's why the physio's were called on. I just think that if a player feels a hamstring go/tighten then you know not to take risks with it. I'd be prepared to have a decent wager that the overall decision has impacted the severity of the injury. Sometimes you have to take the decision out of the players hands I think.

I also think that the same willingness to listen to players rather than sense has caused more harm than good with both Harry Kane and Vic over the past season or two.

Out for 6 weeks....
Well OBVIOUSLY the Media will insist we shoulda bought a CB in the Summer, IN ADDITION to the World Class striker AND CM we SHOULD HAVE bought already!

We gave them all the sticks we could for them to beat us with this Summer, and now they'll all be laying into us!

Well, we should be okay against Cardiff then 2 week international break so there is 3 weeks.
If Dav gets more starts his form will pick up.
Really cursed with injuries so far. At this rate Poch will be dusting off his boots!

Trying to think positive here but with so many injuries hopefully it may serve as some rest for them all and they'll be beast mode for the rest of the season when they all return.

Yeah that is a massive miss.
Hopefully Davinson will be settled with Toby by then though. Possibly 3 games for them to forge something.

Biggest problem is that neither of them are left footed centre halves. Davinson always looks like he struggles when playing as a left centre half. We even had to change it against Barcelona because he was having a poor game (Giving the ball away for the second goal) and Toby doesn't look as good on the left either.

I believe Foyth can play left sided centre back. so wouldnt even be against us playing 3 at the back and getting Foyth involved.

Might as well sell him then, no point keeping a player who has 0 Prem minutes.
You implied he can walk into the team tomorrow and fill Jan's void and that he can play on the left - both of which are categorically wrong - so shut the fuck up

We never learn do we. You can't play people constantly. Either you rest and rotate them, or they get injured likely for more games and you don't get a say in the timing.
I'd say we do rotate a fair bit, could be more, but then everyone would moan we don't have a settled side and the players aren't familiar with each other. Fact is we need to play our very best players as much as physically possible.

Back
Top Bottom