Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand why we can’t give Jan a go in the CDM position , his dribbling , tackling , eye for a pass , and experience would surely combine to create a good CDM , he is no stranger to playing in different positions. Has he ever played as CDM before?

I don’t understand why we can’t give Jan a go in the CDM position , his dribbling , tackling , eye for a pass , and experience would surely combine to create a good CDM , he is no stranger to playing in different positions. Has he ever played as CDM before?

He can’t run. Would make Eric Dier look like Mo Farah.

End of discussion

Sergio Busquets, Toni Kroos, too name a few .. CDM’s don’t necessarily have to be fast.

It's got nothing to do with being fast.

If his legs are struggling at CB how on earth do you expect a position where you are required to cover more ground to be any better?

Sergio Busquets, Toni Kroos, too name a few .. CDM’s don’t necessarily have to be fast.

His legs are shot and he has lost the ability to turn quickly.

Seriously the PL where Kante and Fernandinho set the standard you think Jan can play there??

Do you go to games? If you do just watch Jan he is struggling at CB.
Playing him in midfield is just not a discussion based in reality.

If he was injured why not just play Dav?

(Who should have retained his spot anyway imo)

I can understand why; but you're being somewhat charitable here......

He's struggled all season.....
Airfixx big shout out my missus is kicking right off about some steward kicking off with some OAP at the game last night...apparently it's gone viral but I can see fuck all about it here...

What this thread really needs is more jokes about Eriksen's mrs.
Why did Mrs. Eriksen cross the road?
To get to Jan Vertonghens house (so they could have sex)

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Jan, open the fucking door and let me in you know it’s me, Mrs. Eriksen.

Jan and Toby the best ever combo after King and Woodgate. Or maybe the other way around?
He had a long walk all the way around the pitch after being subbed. Maybe the crowd made him emotional?
I expect him to get more games this season.

I really don't know how to judge Jan's reaction last night, he looked like he was trying to figure out how to dispose of a body.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a combination of realising that he’s spent at the highest level, and the continuing fallout of losing the CL final. The latter has cast a long shadow over this season. I think the whole squad and management felt like it was destiny after the way we progressed through the tournament, only to disappoint everybody so badly.

I don't think the Eriksen missus thing has helped. Everyone jokes about it but frankly it's a bullshit story that's been blown out of proportion for some prick to get some attention and click bait.

IMO people need to just drop it now.

Appreciate him for the football player he is rather than some story that has no merit whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom