Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will be out of contract at end of June. By then we hopefully will know if there is any prospect of football being played. No point giving him a contract if no football and that would force him abroad. Beginning to look as our Country is going to continue with restrictive practices for a very long time.

Jan has been a quality servant for the Club, i will never forget the days of Jan and Toby as Centre backs, and walker and rose as full backs, however he is now in decline, and if we seriously want to challenge then we need to forget about the days of Toby and Jan and look to the future. I will wish him all the best where ever he goes, hopefully he can spend another 5 years playing in the Sun.

Praying he doesn't get offered a new deal
He's been awful this season and I'm afraid he'll ruin his legacy if he stays any longer , fantastic defender but age has clearly caught up with him , the pace has gone
Serie A is usually a good retirement home for these sort of defenders , would love to see Jan continue a good career in the future. Best of Luck

He's been awful this season and I'm afraid he'll ruin his legacy if he stays any longer , fantastic defender but age has clearly caught up with him , the pace has gone
Serie A is usually a good retirement home for these sort of defenders , would love to see Jan continue a good career in the future. Best of Luck
Jesus I think I have seen you slag off nearly everyone that has played for us these past 2 years

I've agreed this, but it hurts so much to do so. Super Jan has been one of my favourite players since he joined us and I don't want him to become a target of the boo boys and tarnish the memories. Will miss his goal celebration the most- like him, it's classy and understated. Happy for him to go abroad as I wouldn't want to see him in the opposition's shirt in the PL.

Jesus I think I have seen you slag off nearly everyone that has played for us these past 2 years
When we've been having a season like this only really Kane , Son and Lo Celso are immune from my criticism ;)
I get your point though , I just think so many of these players have 'reached their peak' or regressed significantly -> squad needs fixing

When we've been having a season like this only really Kane , Son and Lo Celso are immune from my criticism ;)
I get your point though , I just think so many of these players have 'reached their peak' or regressed significantly -> squad needs fixing
Kane and son shouldn't be immune to criticism they were just as bad as everybody else this season

Kane and son shouldn't be immune to criticism they were just as bad as everybody else this season
Son's been our player of the year for us even if he's gone missing for a few games
Kane's not been as good this year but the injuries and the lack of rest mean I feel a bit sorry for him and he's done more over his time than the likes of Alderweireld which makes me less likely to slag him off

I mean I get your point I probably come across as negative but I can still picture in my mind Burnley v Spurs last game we played , my eyes were bleeding , I honestly can't forget how bad we were despite this break in football.

Back
Top Bottom