Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son's been our player of the year for us even if he's gone missing for a few games
Kane's not been as good this year but the injuries and the lack of rest mean I feel a bit sorry for him and he's done more over his time than the likes of Alderweireld which makes me less likely to slag him off

I mean I get your point I probably come across as negative but I can still picture in my mind Burnley v Spurs last game we played , my eyes were bleeding , I honestly can't forget how bad we were despite this break in football.

Any comfort required about Kane; just think back to the away game at Leicester. He was the bollocks in that game!

January fucking sucks. Cold. Skint after Christmas. No bank holiday after day 1 for months. Our form usually goes down the shitter.
January 1st is a bank holiday you fucking bullshitter. It's people like you spreading fake news shit like this that keeps Trump in power. Or something.

I've agreed this, but it hurts so much to do so. Super Jan has been one of my favourite players since he joined us and I don't want him to become a target of the boo boys and tarnish the memories. Will miss his goal celebration the most- like him, it's classy and understated. Happy for him to go abroad as I wouldn't want to see him in the opposition's shirt in the PL.
Letting go of older players who are past their prime has never been a strength of mine.

I still keep thinking to my self that Jan could pull off another season for us as a bench option...

Been a very good defender for us and had a 2 year purple patch.

Father time however waits for no one.

A new contract would be heart over head stuff and looking back in hope of something that has long gone.

We were dog-shit though

Still, Harry was a model of determination & quality during the game.

We capitulated after our deserved second was VAR'd, but (aside from Maddison lashing at a few long shots) until that point we were the better team IMO.

Although we appeared to be flat from the first game of the season, it felt like that game was where our season started to turn for the worse to me.

Such a miserable season. :(

But his legs have gone.
On your basis we might as well get Mabbutt, Hazard etc back.
You obviously ain't seen how shit he's been the last 12/18 months. So no it won't.
It's ok, a poster on here thinks him and Alderweireld are our best defenders still.

You know the two defenders who can't track or keep up with a runner?

Grealish waltzing away from Alderweireld was one of the most embarrassing things I'd ever seen.

They showed the final game at the Lane the other day, at one point Vertonghen chased down Rashford from behind.
Rashford could be standing with De Gea and Vertonghen on the halfway line and I expect by the time the ball gets near Lloris , Rashford would be ahead of Vertonghen.
His decline is just too much for a top 4 chasing team

Back
Top Bottom