Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never understood the sentimentality when players leave. They are all high paid mercenaries BUT the ones that really make a statement; Gareth Bale , Modric . Yes but fuck me if Verthongen . Get over it and fast. It is embarrassing, Clynelish Clynelish
You're entitled to your opinion, but think you're just being confrontational to get a reaction/start a row by making this post. Why would anyone be embarrassed by being upset that one of our loyal players has come to the end of his time with us, unlike Modric and Bale who buggered off as soon as Madrid came sniffing round.
And there was never any evidence that he did play away, it was just a internet rumour that became a bit of a joke. Eriksen wanted out, and hardly put a performance for us last season.

Last edited:
One of our best ever defenders. A great man who I'd love to see back coaching at the club some day.

(Note to Eriksen: that's how you leave as a Spurs legend)

Sad to see him go and wish him all the very best. Early days he could (appear) to down tools at times and had some games that really were shonky. He got better and better and fair play to him for improving and staying when he did. Unlike a cunt like Modric who was desperate for Chelsea before Madrid. Vertonghen deserves our respect. Modric our contempt.

You're entitled to your opinion, but think you're just being confrontational to get a reaction/start a row by making this post. Why would anyone be embarrassed by being upset that one of our loyal players has come to the end of his time with us, unlike Modric and Bale who buggered off as soon as Madrid came sniffing round.
And there was never any evidence that he did play away, it was just a internet rumour that became a bit of a joke. Eriksen wanted out, and hardly put a performance for us last season.
No, not at all. This is my opinion. So please don't turn the tables. Regarding Eriksen and the wife don't be silly. Rumours like that just don't spring up from nowhere. I could accept and salute the departure of a sound and solid player. But not this guy.

No, not at all. This is my opinion. So please don't turn the tables. Regarding Eriksen and the wife don't be silly. Rumours like that just don't spring up from nowhere. I could accept and salute the departure of a sound and solid player. But not this guy.
From this forum, with all the differing opinions that come with it, you're the only one who feels like that. And that rumour could have been started by someone who was trying to rock the boat for us. Read what all the others players say about Jan - what a decent person and family man he is. Reading between the lines, seems like you are looking for an excuse why Eriksen stopped playing for us - think that happened well before those rumours came out.

To be honest, in the early pre-Poch years I wasn't overly impressed with the guy even though I thought he was decent. However, under Poch and alongside Toby he was superb - that 2017-18 season he was simply incredible. Shame he declined so rapidly but certainly one to get in many people's best XIs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom