Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read some Woolwich c*nt had been quoted saying to soccernet (before the NLD) that Jan Vertonghen was clearly not as good as Vermaelen, proof being that Vermaelen "pushes" Super Jan to the LB for their national side.

He's obnoxiously good.

And yet he's not obnoxious!!! THAT'S the genius of the man!

Compare his 'personality' with a cunt like Wilshire or Suarez and you know what I mean....
Some players, you're genuinely pleased for, playing a game they love, obviously being rewarded handsomely, but at least LOOKING like they're enjoying their privileged experience (even if they don't always play for Spurs) someone like Jimmy Bullard springs to mind.
Dawson and Vertonghen are probably the 'nicest' pairing of CD in the Premier League, and that's a tough ask with the likes of John Terry and Ryan Shawcross to give all defenders a bad name!

I read some Woolwich c*nt had been quoted saying to soccernet (before the NLD) that Jan Vertonghen was clearly not as good as Vermaelen, proof being that Vermaelen "pushes" Super Jan to the LB for their national side.
Vermaelen was a very good defender when he first went over there, ised to make a lot of runs forward like Vertonghen does now. But he's bern terrible this season for them IMO. Not as good as Vertonghen by a distance

Dawson and Vertonghen are probably the 'nicest' pairing of CD in the Premier League, and that's a tough ask with the likes of John Terry and Ryan Shawcross to give all defenders a bad name!

Get what you're saying, but our two have the ability to put their foot/head in where it hurts and be physically strong as well, so in the right manner and not acting like a prick.

Back
Top Bottom