Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seems to be performing at an 8/10 level minimum every single game. I honestly believe so far this season he's topped Alderweireld from 2015/2016.

Not that it's too important but if he could honestly add more goals to his locker, he'd be talked about as world class and it really surprises me how under appreciated he is outside of the Tottenham bubble.

He can now be talked about in the same way as Ledley and Toby. What makes them so good is the lack of mistakes. So rare for any of them to make a major mistake. Aurier , Sanchez and Rose have a long way to go to be talked about in the same way although Aurier and Rose are better at creating chances.

Striker Jan is my favorite player, anytime he makes a run up the pitch, I get excited. Hope he can get a PL goal soon.

All this talk of Son being underrated, and I think Verts is probably the most underrated. Rarely, if ever, mentioned as one of the top CB's in the league, but I think we, as Spurs fans, have really noticed this year.

Back
Top Bottom