Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To think a couple of years back people were questioning his attitude because of this photo.

article-2593232-1CB6026D00000578-871_634x528.jpg

:windy:
To be fair, that was straight after a Sherwood team talk...

Care to elaborate?
SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur its in dutch but i'll have a look, its pretty intruiging and he comes across as a top bloke

Josh Pauls Josh Pauls he said that Moose is his best friend and has always been around since they were 12, they played together as youngsters and then they both were in holland, both in London etc. Their wives are best friends and they live very close to eachother but then he suddenly said, i'ts going to be hard when he's gone. I'm going to miss him as its the first time throughout my career that he'll be far away ... And it did not sound like years from now but rather instantly

Josh Pauls Josh Pauls he said that Moose is his best friend and has always been around since they were 12, they played together as youngsters and then they both were in holland, both in London etc. Their wives are best friends and they live very close to eachother but then he suddenly said, i'ts going to be hard when he's gone. I'm going to miss him as its the first time throughout my career that he'll be far away ... And it did not sound like years from now but rather instantly
:dierpochhug:

:vdvhmm:

SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur its in dutch but i'll have a look, its pretty intruiging and he comes across as a top bloke

giphy.gif

Jan won’t be the only one who misses him. On the upside of course, it also sounds very much like Jan plans to be here a while longer.

Every cloud ...

He's got to be off this summer as rumored then. Jan is 31 right, so he's no spring chicken himself but Dembele's position is more demanding and he has a history of injuries to contend with. There is no player like Dembele, love him, but it seems to me we'll be parting on very good terms. He will improve whoever he joins for sure. Sounds like Jan remains rooted here, which is a massive blessing.

He's a Tottenham legend in my book. Best defender I have ever seen play for us and for the last two seasons he has been better than Toby. Also a very likable guy

I think Vertonghen is the best defender we have had alongside King in the last 20 years.

Mabbutt was heart and soul and Dawson blood and guts but the calm authority of King, Vertonghen and Alderweireld stand them out. Davinson could also get there.

But there is no doubt whatsoever that Vertonghen has been superb in the last 2 seasons and would have sauntered into every single Prem team in that time and probably most if not all of the top teams in Europe.

Really should be our captain in my opinion.

A shame they are trained by a bellend. The team itself has so much potential.

PS: i'm talking about Belgium.:dembelewtf:

Yep agreed to a large extent. Can't see Martinez doing it. You have to believe a Mourinho or even Wenger would get more from that group of players.

But no doubt they have the talent to be the dominant European team for the next 4 years but do they have the required mentality?

Back
Top Bottom