Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a great player and servant to the club. So honoured to have him with us for such a long time and still playing at the highest level. Top man!

He has come such a long way from the sulky lad who looked like he wanted out just before Poch arrived. He is every bit our captain as Lloris or Kane now, what a man, Super Jan!

Jan for me is the first legend in the current squad. He joined in 2012 under AVB, the suffered Sherwood, and this was when we were struggling and failing to finish 5th. He was the first player with the caliber enough to represent a massive upgrade for us while also being good enough to join a "bigger" club, and who could have blamed him had he done so after a couple of years? But instead he stayed and gave us his best years and I really really hope we win something before he retires because he has massively earned it.

Jan for me is the first legend in the current squad. He joined in 2012 under AVB, the suffered Sherwood, and this was when we were struggling and failing to finish 5th. He was the first player with the caliber enough to represent a massive upgrade for us while also being good enough to join a "bigger" club, and who could have blamed him had he done so after a couple of years? But instead he stayed and gave us his best years and I really really hope we win something before he retires because he has massively earned it.
You would say that, to be fair

Absolutely right

DzUe9P7W0AEV-p0.jpg

Brilliant performance as a LWB.

Dominated the left side in the 2nd half, goal and assist.

Danish TV showing that he was sick and threw up doing warm-up.

If he put in that performance while being sick, the Premier League really should grant a request to let Jan play in customized Superman Spurs shirts for the rest of the season :vert:

Back
Top Bottom