Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heung-Min Son adds: “Jan is technically unbelievable, he could play any position. I am happy for him with his one goal and one assist. The cross for my goal was unbelievable, unreal, I just had to touch the ball. I feel sorry because when I scored I didn’t run to him! I am honoured to play with him and he can play striker for me!”

Let’s hope we win something big for these boys. It would be a crying shame if we don’t win something before Jan hangs up his boots. COYS.

Gutted Dembele never got to see the old girl over the line with us, but yeh, it would be criminal for Jan not to win some major honours with us.

Heung-Min Son adds: “Jan is technically unbelievable, he could play any position. I am happy for him with his one goal and one assist. The cross for my goal was unbelievable, unreal, I just had to touch the ball. I feel sorry because when I scored I didn’t run to him! I am honoured to play with him and he can play striker for me!”

Love that comment.
Such respect... comradery.

index.php

Clinical display as a LWB. Has created chances at a high clip in his recent run ins as a LB. always had it in him, but damn he is on fire. Does he qualify as a club legend? He sure has been a constant in our good run.

Son said in the interview that Jan could play any positions, I say we try this.

-------------------------------------------Vertonghen----------------------------------------------
----------------Vertonghen----------Vertonghen--------------Vertonghen---------------
---Vertonghen-----------------------------------------------------------Vertonghen----------
----------------Vertonghen----------Vertonghen--------------Vertonghen---------------
-------------------------------------------Vertonghen----------------------------------------------

I know that Jan doesn't like playing LB but honestly he should be our first choice LB, the way he gets forward, his ability to cross the ball, it’s wasted at CB.

And he offers greater height than Rose and is more assured than Davies.

Surely he has posed a question to Pochettino for the rest of the season at least.

Will be interesting.

Great option.

Best LB display we have had all season, it's a shame he dislikes playing it otherwise I would say keep him there. But just fantastic last night easy MOTM and kept Sancho so quiet I only knew he was playing when the commentators started creaming themselves just before Jan would disposses him

---Vertonghen-----------------------------------------------------------Vertonghen----------

I'd rather we'd go
Vertonghen
Vertonghen - Vertonghen - Vertonghen
Vertonghen - - - - Vertonghen
Vertonghen - Vertonghen - Vertonghen
Vertonghen - Vertonghen

But I guess yours would be fine too.

I remember before we brought him there was lots of videos of him scoring amazing goals in training, all the usual people were raving about him.

Since we signed him we haven't really seen that side of him but it's clear that irrespective of position his just technically a really really good intelligent footballer. He rarely gives the ball away and his strength and positional play never lets him down.

We're going to be ok without Toby next year aren't we? Jan will keep the ship steady and Foyth is going to be a top player.

He's a total footballer and really could play anywhere I reckon. Just so happens defence is his best position.

Back
Top Bottom