Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know man. That little video clip doesn’t show much. They never really explained why Jan was in the doghouse for the first part of the season except for some nebulous “fitness” excuse.
It shows they are talking to each other, what else do you want to see?

Thing is, Toby turned his body to try and force Gnabry down the outside. Trouble with that is if the attacker cuts to the inside, Toby has to turn his body right round. The fact that Gnabry didn't break stride running 40 yards on Toby is damning on Toby as well as Aurier who let him go in the first place.

Next goal, we had a back three 25 yards in our own half, while Toby was 15 yards inside their half.

I mean What the Fuck is going on there?
I agree that he turned his body too quickly but I think, in my humble opinion, that it was still the right decision because you have to expect a midfielder coming in to cover and cut off the inside option.

AlabamaSpur AlabamaSpur greenmanRD my bad about Lloris

Saw this on my Facebook. Real? Or fake news?
Nonsense.
We're a fucking ckickbait circus now!!
Wonder if this has ANYTHING to do with the potential new Netflix 'fky-on-the-Wall' doc?

I know how TOWIE works... maybe they're trying to inject a bit of drama to get the viewing figures up!!

Levy out banners are coming to the next game

A few players clearly don’t want to be here (Eriksen, Vert, Toby, Rose) and some shouldn’t be here (Aurier, Vic). I don’t understand why Poch keeps playing the guys that don’t want to be here.

The back four cost us 5-6 goals against Bayern.

Too many posters keep including Verts as one that does not want to be here. That is not true as he has never said it. it is Levy that is not sure if he wants to offer him a new contract because of his age. I hope to see Verts back in the team soon.

Too many posters keep including Verts as one that does not want to be here. That is not true as he has never said it. it is Levy that is not sure if he wants to offer him a new contract because of his age. I hope to see Verts back in the team soon.
I think the problem is that he's demanding a longer contract than the one being offered...

I have to say that the Davies injury and Rose's complete lack of ability in that new LB/CB role leaves the door open to Vertonghen who would be perfect for that role...

Back
Top Bottom