Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legs are gone. Hope we win the Cup so he can have a proper send-off, in case he leaves at the end of the season. He deserves at least that. Top professional for all these years. I can see him playing well at a club like Lazio or Milan for 2 more years, but he's completely done for the PL.

Was extremely sad to see Vert's face after being subbed. Doesn't deserve to have his fantastic service sullied by poor performances due to age / new systems / legs gone. Hope he can keep some dignity for the rest of the season and get a move to his favoured club in the summer. Has been probably our second best CB after King in the last decade or longer.

I would go back to Ajax / Amsterdam in the summer if I was him. He still has got a lot of friends there and he could be useful for one more season, absolutely done at top level though.

The performance and reaction were hard to watch in equal measure. The realisation was genuinely heartbreaking. Unreal to think that Dortmund game was less than 12 months ago.

I would go back to Ajax / Amsterdam in the summer if I was him. He still has got a lot of friends there and he could be useful for one more season, absolutely done at top level though.
I'm no ITK, but whenever he comes on Belgian TV he talks so much about his beautiful time in Amsterdam, if Ajax give him a somewhat decent contract he won't hesitate

Also, this may sound only minor, but since Jan follows a lot of fan accounts on twitter and so on, I hope they will be full of positive messages/ tributes to Jan. Knowing the fans have his back might cheer him up ever so slightly.

The performance and reaction were hard to watch in equal measure. The realisation was genuinely heartbreaking. Unreal to think that Dortmund game was less than 12 months ago.

I remember King getting absolutely mullered by Grant Holt at WHL and being incredibly lucky not to be sent off. The end can come very suddenly even for a Rolls Royce of a player.

Today ended any question of whether Jan should get a new contract. It’s sad but he’s reached the end.

I saw what happened after he was subbed but he was subbed because JM made a mistake and selected one too many CBs. Toby is better than Jan and he stayed on but that does not mean Jan is no good IMO.
Jan was not awful in this game but he certainly made more mistakes than I am used to seeing him make.
We'll see how this one turns out.
I did not see the reaction between Jan and JM as Jan went past him to the bench. Anybody have that?

I saw what happened after he was subbed but he was subbed because JM made a mistake and selected one too many CBs. Toby is better than Jan and he stayed on but that does not mean Jan is no good IMO.
Jan was not awful in this game but he certainly made more mistakes than I am used to seeing him make.
We'll see how this one turns out.
I did not see the reaction between Jan and JM as Jan went past him to the bench. Anybody have that?
Pats on the back from Mourinho as Jan passed. Nothing about the interaction would suggest there was a friction between the two of them on a personal level or so

Also, this may sound only minor, but since Jan follows a lot of fan accounts on twitter and so on, I hope they will be full of positive messages/ tributes to Jan. Knowing the fans have his back might cheer him up ever so slightly.
We should flood social media with our love for him.

JM just admitted in his presser that he decided to take off one defender and he chose Jan because Toby and Tang were quicker.
His mistake to start with 3 in the 1st place.

Back
Top Bottom