Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Foyth's still here...

Toby / Sanchez / Tanganga / Dier / Foyth..... Jan.
tumblr_msydgfpOj71rertyro1_250.gifv

looked like Jan's dad was playing, just looked like everything was gone tonight
yes he is coming to the end of his football career, but not yet
he's played ok most of the season (not great but OK), so wonder if he has the start of illness or something ?
looked like he had hit the wall but that was from the start of the game, he wasn't blowing hard so don't think its fitness but what do I know

I don't actually think he is done at this level tbh and his performances have been decent generally but today he was poor and i do think his time here is sadly finished. SUPER JAN VERTONGHEN.

It was quite reminiscent of Kings final performances for us. Someone who's performances were always so high now nothing more than a player who's obviously passed it, a player who can't run and just a sad shadow of his former self.

Is 32 old? Seriously? Surely at that age you can still run or even be aware of what's round about you and react to it?

When he was sat on the bench, he had the look not of a footballer substituted because his performance was poor, but of a 13 year old kid whose first experience of a naked woman was watching Sticky Vicky.

In the modern era, I put him up there with van der Vaart as an overseas signing that fell in love with the club.
He may be done, but if he was willing to accept a reduced playing role I would give him two more years to reach the 10 and a testimonial.(same with Lloris, who will get there anyway). He's earned it, and he deserves it.

Is 32 old? Seriously? Surely at that age you can still run or even be aware of what's round about you and react to it?

When he was sat on the bench, he had the look not of a footballer substituted because his performance was poor, but of a 13 year old kid whose first experience of a naked woman was watching Sticky Vicky.
Is that the real sticky vicky or the new, fake sticky vicky

Back
Top Bottom