Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be a good move for him in the summer, he loves Ajax / Amsterdam and still has got a lot of friends there, his partner is from Amsterdam if I am not mistaken.

Have an Ajax swan-song then come back and manage us to greatness one day, Supa-Jan.

Feels slightly dirty to be writing in regards to Jan leaving. I think Jan has served us well and hope he knows if it is time to go or not. I don't want to be sitting there cursing him for staying too far past his best and spoiling our memories of him. I will always remember that he chose us ahead of that lot down the road and he has had some great games for us. If he goes then I too will be gutted.

I will always remember that he chose us ahead of that lot down the road and he has had some great games for us. If he goes then I too will be gutted.
This is it, man. He committed 100%, I remember how much of a rolls royce defender he looked in his debut vs West Brom. The away goal at Man Utd, the countless NLDs, that amazing assist to Bale at Swansea away, those huge fuck off performances against Dortmund. Even aside from the great moments, I've always thought he's been there and never backed down even when things went a bit tits up. He is a Spurs legend in my eyes

This is it, man. He committed 100%, I remember how much of a rolls royce defender he looked in his debut vs West Brom. The away goal at Man Utd, the countless NLDs, that amazing assist to Bale at Swansea away, those huge fuck off performances against Dortmund. Even aside from the great moments, I've always thought he's been there and never backed down even when things went a bit tits up. He is a Spurs legend in my eyes
Never backed down?? Obviously forgot the gutless performance at anfield when he was leaning against the wall in the tunnel

Never backed down?? Obviously forgot the gutless performance at anfield when he was leaning against the wall in the tunnel
I remember seeing a different angle of that and it didn't look as bad. He got injured 23 mins in and we conceded right after anyway.

fwiw, i think we played a midfield of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Nacer Chadli that day. A day where our fans had to pretend we scored a goal.

A great player and leader, but his frailties are being exposed more and more. Teams have worked out how to play him and it disrupts our other defenders having to cover him.

I remember seeing a different angle of that and it didn't look as bad. He got injured 23 mins in and we conceded right after anyway.

fwiw, i think we played a midfield of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Nacer Chadli that day. A day where our fans had to pretend we scored a goal.
Was before the game that he was leaning against the wall. Not fired up and didn't give a f&#k that day. Unforgivable

I'll cry like an onion peeling sad person when he leaves. My favourite player for the last few years. He does so much community and charity work around the club too. A top banana.

Need to be ashamed on how he turned away from the ball on theirs 1 ... He gets paid so much money for him to block the fucking ball and he was scared ... He should learn from tanganga and foyth to put he's old body on the line and not turn every shoot.

He was also get own on their 2

Back
Top Bottom