Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so you don't see feigning a mortal injury to get a player sent off as cheating? I saw the minimal contact, did you see the two pieces of pushing that sparked it? They looked far more intimidating.
Perhaps if the authorities forced a mandatory 15 minute medical check up for all players who did this before returning to the field then it might make players behave in a more sportsman like manner.
Dress it how you like, Bale used to dive. Using the reasoning that it was because he was too good for other players and eventually he would go to ground in anticipation isn't an excuse - he used to take to the turf without contact.

First of all, Matheus did that over both legs. Constantly. Plus a number of their other players

Second of all, anyone who has ever been tapped lightly in the testes will know that sometimes the lightest of touches can leave you down and in excruciating pain for a few minutes.

As you can see in the footage, his whole face rippled, so it's borderline idiotic to judge how much that hurt from the sofa.

Thirdly - how many players don't react like that to being butted - don't blame Jan, blame EUFA/FIFA

The referee or official obviously saw it and decided it was a red card, otherwise it wouldn't have been given.

Just as Grandad Brad lost us the Europa last season, Vertonghen has pretty much just got us into the next round. If he doesn't go down, nothing happens and we go out. He was headbutted, and regardless of 'how hard' it was you can't do that on a football pitch. Imagine if that was in court, and the defendant just said "well I didn't headbutt him hard!" - I really don't think that's a defence at all.

_73271019_021328907-1.jpg

It would appear that luckily someone grabbed Sandro by the horns before he could flip Zozulya over the Paxton and into the no mans land of The New Sainsbury's

I think Sandro thinks it was a dive... He's about to stamp on Jan's Bollocks by the look of it.

A mate at work was telling me how he thought Jan was a disgrace for what he did in that incident, so I headbutted him. Imagine his reaction.

Look at the face on Dawson in that gif when said incident occurred.

:dawsonlol:
There was an incident in the second half where the camera showed Dawson going mental and giving hemself a melvin pulling his shorts up that needs to be giffed.

If they hadn't been flopping about all match trying to waste time and play up contact themselves then I'd have a problem with Vertonghen's dive.

looks like a justified dive to me - love ~Dawsons reaction. That at least we can all agree is what you want from your team mates

ive always said, from the gooners v van nistelrooy incident, the goons shouldnt have been fined for fauiling to control their players. Man Utd should have been fined for having a bunch of pussy players that let the opposition crowd one of their own and start pushing and shoving him without it developing into WW3

i know what Vertonghen did was on the fence morally, (although watching the game back today, those two had a massive battle going on throughout the game. Last night in the crowd it was hard to tell it was the same two over and over) i must admit i fucking love that whole incident. Jan doing his bit for the team, Dawson swinging round in "DID YOU JUST NUT MY MATE" way, Soldado's almost schoolboy "OMG SIR, HES JUST FLOORED JAN, SEND HIM TO THE HEAD"
Then in the little fight after, Sandro gives the "you better fuck off now before i do you in son"
then Naughton pulling him away "Leave it out mate, its not worth it its not worth it"
Fryers trying to look involved so he doesn't seem to be bottling it, in a sort of 'small kid hiding behind the big kids' kinda way (even when Ade is holding him back he looks too scared to go anywhere near him)
and then Ade comes along and bear hugs the motherfucker and starts counselling him, gently whispering into his ear "its ok, calm down. you don't need to do this. you're better than this. violence won't solve anything."

But most of all, every single man in white there showed some fucking passion. It was glorious. first time I've seen them look like a team in a long time. Id much rather see that at the beginning of the game, than a stupid, forced, fake huddle.

Don't know what the fuss is about, we were desperate and an opposition player commited a sending off offense Verts just made sure the ref had a chance to react to it. I'm not going to deny it was a pussy like reaction but if he didn't drop like he was shot maybe the ref pulls both men to the side and all we see is a yellow.

Don't know what the fuss is about, we were desperate and an opposition player commited a sending off offense Verts just made sure the ref had a chance to react to it. I'm not going to deny it was a pussy like reaction but if he didn't drop like he was shot maybe the ref pulls both men to the side and all we see is a yellow.

Fuck me, I agree with Winter for once!

First of all, Matheus did that over both legs. Constantly. Plus a number of their other players

Second of all, anyone who has ever been tapped lightly in the testes will know that sometimes the lightest of touches can leave you down and in excruciating pain for a few minutes.

As you can see in the footage, his whole face rippled, so it's borderline idiotic to judge how much that hurt from the sofa.

Thirdly - how many players don't react like that to being butted - don't blame Jan, blame EUFA/FIFA
Oh really? I'd say you'd have to be completely naive, or have never played contact sports to believe that the contact hurt even remotely.

Back
Top Bottom