Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jan Vertonghen has said he has spoken to new Head Coach Mauricio Pochettino and believes Tottenham Hotspur have made the right appointment.

"I have spoken to the new manager, I think he has been in touch with a lot of the players. It was good to speak to him but he has left me to focus on the World Cup now. We have all been very impressed by Southampton in last year or two, impressed with style they play and with their manager. I think we made a good move to get him to Tottenham."

Seems like they all just hated Sherwood

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ay-after-pochettino-chat-4027537#.U6gPf_nIbY9

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he's spoken with new manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Vertonghen says he's keen to work with the Argentine.

"I have spoken to the new manager, I think he has been in touch with a lot of the players," said Vertonghen, who despite speculation may now stay at White Hart Lane.

"It was good to speak to him but he has left me to focus on theWorld Cup now.

"We have all been very impressed by Southampton in the last year or two, impressed with the style they play and with their manager, so I think we made a good move to get him to Tottenham."

Dropped by Belgium in favour of Vermaelen at left back.

Dembele and Chadli dropped for Fellaini and Mertens too.
Guys - Verts wasn't dropped yesterday - picked up a knock in the warm-up so they decided not to risk him. When that goon mong got injured - had no choice

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ay-after-pochettino-chat-4027537#.U6gPf_nIbY9

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he's spoken with new manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Vertonghen says he's keen to work with the Argentine.

"I have spoken to the new manager, I think he has been in touch with a lot of the players," said Vertonghen, who despite speculation may now stay at White Hart Lane.

"It was good to speak to him but he has left me to focus on theWorld Cup now.

"We have all been very impressed by Southampton in the last year or two, impressed with the style they play and with their manager, so I think we made a good move to get him to Tottenham."

That's awesome. Dembele was also saying similar things yesterday, hoping he'll be involved in Poch's plans etc next season.

Dropped but they had exactly the same problems. Belgium have no plan tactically it seems.

I don't see problems. I see a very dour team of dogged professionals getting qualification when teams with massive albeit lopsided talents are dropping like flies.

IMO this world cup has highlighted how much so called star players have to rely on donkey work to win a game. Mexico pretty much blitzed the far more skillful Croatia because they had endless engines and an iron will. Belgium are hard to break down and only conceded one goal in 2 games and are already through because of that. Spain's megastars kinda got shown early that prancing around in slower leagues does not always result in a slam dunk at any level anymore. England showed that you can make up a team of players people have been salivating for at Spurs (pace of Sterling, Sturridge etc not guaranteeing victory)

It's been great viewing IMO. I'm rooting for all the teams with Spurs players in it, and it's going great. Bentaleb got props, Benny gave us some drama (and actually played well all things considered IMO), Vert played badly enough in the first game to not have all of the world after him, same goes for Dembele, Chadli and Paulinho.

Could have done with Bentaleb trying to remove Dembele's head with an elbow charge that would have made Oz Durant have flashbacks of Scott Gibbs but apart from that, good show! I was a little bit pissed off about Vert being left out because of a niggle but so far so good!

Well rounded players are proving their worth. And we have a tone of these types of players at Spurs. If we get the dour workmanlike balance right at the back/middle of the park, perhaps Ade, Lamela and Eriksen can be our (poor mans) Benzema, Robben and Naymar?

Back
Top Bottom