January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not signing Moutinho has sweet fuck all to with our season so far imo. I couldnt care less at the moment, its like he's become the straw everyone is clutching at.

We need to turn this around starting in two weeks, and we have the squad and manager to do that. Time to focus on the players we can field.

Burko is right. Hulk going for £35m (or thereabouts) means that Moutinho is either unavailable in the January window or his asking price has increased substantially. Time to look at other targets tbh.

The value of Moutinho, as with other technically strong players is that their ball retention would help us close out games like Norwich and WBA without having to defend. Look at us vs. Villa when we were down to 10 men - they needed to attack us and didn't get a touch of the ball for 4 minutes at the end of the first half.

LLB Part Deux said:
Burko is right. Hulk going for £35m (or thereabouts) means that Moutinho is either unavailable in the January window or his asking price has increased substantially. Time to look at other targets tbh.

The value of Moutinho, as with other technically strong players is that their ball retention would help us close out games like Norwich and WBA without having to defend. Look at us vs. Villa when we were down to 10 men - they needed to attack us and didn't get a touch of the ball for 4 minutes at the end of the first half.
Danny Rose was sent off in the second half. :troll:

NXV1u.gif

Rosie47 said:
Is this thread really going to fucking take off already, four months before the next window and 1 day after the last?

The rules of the transfer window are 1 incoming transfer per every 250 pages of posts

I'd suggest it'd be a good idea to break the back of it now?

Éperons said:
With RvP on 25 goals come Christmas, SAF will be gagging for a replacement, I'm certain.

Exactly.

Sell Berbatov as they've too many strikers.

Spend £20m+ on a striker 5 months later.

Unlikely.

:balesnarl:

Thelonious said:
LLB Part Deux said:

Danny Rose was sent off in the second half. :troll:

I forgot we went down to 10 men last season against them too. Shame the result wasn't the same :(

Back
Top Bottom