January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

38032dd6f2726404e0dab54e096b062fef397eb5.jpg

:allitongue::dembelelol::dier::dierno::eriksenlol::kanegoal::levylol::levywhoa::llorishowudoin::pochohshit::pochlol::sonlol::vert::sonpoint::wanyama:

It's not that we had to sell him, you know.
We didn't need it.
We have the money, alright?
We would've liked to make an example of him, ok?

... It's just that we're fucking pussies who don't back up our big boy-words with action.

Can we all agree that this summer we should make a Gabriel Jesus type signing instead of a Moussa Sissoko type signing?
:pochsulk:

To be honest I think Mitchell was pretty 'meh' for us, and hope we improve the scouting system before June rolls around.

(I know Sissoko clearly wasn't our plan A, but...)

Can we all agree that this summer we should make a Gabriel Jesus type signing instead of a Moussa Sissoko type signing?
:pochsulk:

To be honest I think Mitchell was pretty 'meh' for us, and hope we improve the scouting system before June rolls around.

(I know Sissoko clearly wasn't our plan A, but...)

I'm not over the moon with Mitchell either. N'Jie, N'Koudou, Fazio, Sissoko, Janssen. I'm not writing all of them off but it's pretty weak.

Alderweireld is a top signing and so is Wanyama who I suspect Poch pushed for. Trippier good cover.

I'm not over the moon with Mitchell either. N'Jie, N'Koudou, Fazio, Sissoko, Janssen. I'm not writing all of them off but it's pretty weak.

Alderweireld is a top signing and so is Wanyama who I suspect Poch pushed for. Trippier good cover.
Indeed. I really hope they all come good and become invaluable members of the squad, but contrasting them with someone like Jesus.... yeesh.

Toby and Wanyama have been fantastic. Not much scouting needed for those two though (which might well be why!)

So Poch picked the good ones and not the bad, So who told Levy to get Sissoko at that price "Paul Mitchell"
I can't believe that Levy spent £30M without Poch saying Yes

Is this just complete conjecture or were you there at the time?

"Levy won't spend any money" has turned into "Levy spends £30m on a whim"
I never said Levy did or didn't ask Poch, I said "I can't Believe that Levy didn't ask Poch" I don't have to be there to have MY opinion

Good squad we have. Very good arguably but we needed to strengthen. Not by much but a boost would have been good.

Obviously you need a player of quality and that seems to be our achilles heel, especially on the striker front. Just that player who excites, surprises but also keeps a player as good as Kane on his toes.

It is another missed opportunity which for me will see us fall short........again.

Where are these players some ask. To that I say don't be daft. How would I and those others who suggest it know but if we are a club with a strategy then it should be clear that whilst Lamela will be a welcome reintroduction and that N'Koudou will surely get better, neither are strikers and in that part of the field we are 7 out of 10 whereas if we were 8/8.5 I think we would still run Chelsea close and be shoo-ins for top 4.

We need 3 strikers if we are to become winners because 3 keep you competitive in every game when you have the squad size we possess. I don't get the inability to see that and being 2nd should not but clearly does disguise the need.

I never said Levy did or didn't ask Poch, I said "I can't Believe that Levy didn't ask Poch" I don't have to be there to have MY opinion

Well no, you said

Which in context is hard to judge whether you're saying it's unlikely (at which point it would have made more sense to say you "don't" believe), or that you think he didn't say yes (which is conjecture, not opinion)

So Poch picked the good ones and not the bad, So who told Levy to get Sissoko at that price "Paul Mitchell"

That's not what I'm saying at all. I've said a couple of times that I think Poch's weakest area is bringing in players. Why does he have a crush on Zaha, one of the most mediocre players I've ever seen?

Poch and Levy have both said that the manager okay's every signing, but that doesn't mean that his scouting team has to do much better. That's what they're there for.

Back
Top Bottom