January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PC Green?
I've heard it can work for the females to get off the hook, maybe things are different in the sticks.

In all fairness, I think most of what came out of some of their lungs was green. One particular lad was like a walking pedophaellic skeleton whose lungs were mostly for pot, and stomach was mostly for pills and pilsner

Need a CB and a Striker? Damn, only enough budget for one player..

article-0-0029629700000258-644_233x262.jpg
We were talking about Gary the other day.

We were talking about Gary the other day.

If you google 'Ginger Pele', it comes up with his Wikipedia page on the right hand side, which I found particularly brilliant.

I was at Goodison years ago, in the rickety old wooden shit side (or at least it was back then) when both Ginger Pele and Poyet decided to (seemingly intentionally) get sent off in the same match. Took a dislike to both after that.

Maybe they have us confused with West Ham and City and think our 750M stadium is being paid for by the taxpayers too.

Alas, THFC is footing the bill. But while their at it:
"BUY ME A STRIKER FOR WHATEVER PRICE AND PAY HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS"
"Who?"
"SOMETHING SOMETHING SCOUTS JOB, SOMETHING SOMETHING BLAH BLAH"
"We have scouted some great players and are building. Sitting in second place"
"I WANT FIRST"

Jesus fucking Christ

Oh hello Mauricio this is David Moyes, I heard you want Mr Defoe? Absolutely will send him down there gift wrapped so we get relegated

When Defoe was here the two spells before we always finished top of the league so as a reserve striker he will get us over the huge points gap in no time

Need a CB and a Striker? Damn, only enough budget for one player..

article-0-0029629700000258-644_233x262.jpg
dont have anything against any of the, even though they werent up to snuff (we shouldnt forget, Ginola was considered a busted flush by the Geordies at that point, it wasnt some magic piece of business)
I blame the chairman of the day. whilst he should be given credit for Klinssman, he was in charge of 9 years, and held us back by 20. when he sold up, we were so far behind everyone else that we considered peers, we have only just caught up

dont have anything against any of the, even though they werent up to snuff (we shouldnt forget, Ginola was considered a busted flush by the Geordies at that point, it wasnt some magic piece of business)
I blame the chairman of the day. whilst he should be given credit for Klinssman, he was in charge of 9 years, and held us back by 20. when he sold up, we were so far behind everyone else that we considered peers, we have only just caught up

I don't think Sugar should be given credit for Klinsmann - he was an embarrassment at the end of that season, absolutely the same character that West Ham now have three of in control of their club.

Oh hello Mauricio this is David Moyes, I heard you want Mr Defoe? Absolutely will send him down there gift wrapped so we get relegated

When Defoe was here the two spells before we always finished top of the league so as a reserve striker he will get us over the huge points gap in no time

The thing is, Defoe wouldnt be good enough in their eyes......I have no idea who they want, as they never say.

Too embarrassed to say Aubemeyang but probably sitting there secretly believeing we should be going toe to toe with Real Madrid for players

I don't think Sugar should be given credit for Klinsmann - he was an embarrassment at the end of that season, absolutely the same character that West Ham now have three of in control of their club.

Cut from the same cloth, East End barh bois innit. Think Sugar lucked out getting Klinsmann on his yacht in Monaco. He certainly paved the way for superstar European players coming to the Premier League. I don't count Cantona as he wasn't a world cup winner and remember him being a bit batshit mental from his move to Leeds via Sheffield.

I agree, but he should be given credit for signing him, even if was just by the coincidence that his yacht was parked next door to klinsmann's VW beetle

The thing is, Defoe wouldnt be good enough in their eyes......I have no idea who they want, as they never say.

Too embarrassed to say Aubemeyang but probably sitting there secretly believeing we should be going toe to toe with Real Madrid for players
Aubameyang chose Dortmund over us 4 years ago, and it was down to Levy trying to push as hard as he could. According to Aubameyang, that really turned him off, and he's vowed never to play for us, ever, as a result.

So, sadly, that is one option that will have to stay in your FM/FIFA saves.

Aubameyang chose Dortmund over us 4 years ago, and it was down to Levy trying to push as hard as he could. According to Aubameyang, that really turned him off, and he's vowed never to play for us, ever, as a result.

So, sadly, that is one option that will have to stay in your FM/FIFA saves.

Did you read the post, or did you just see the word "Aubameyang" and reply

Danny Murphy, of whom many on here compliment on his insight, writes in the Standard today of Sissoko not yet matching his lofty transfer fee which we would all be happy to accept.

In the same article he says our ovrr reliance on Kane and Alli for goals will hinder us.

Now he is not the only authority that matters but his is the view of many pundits

Our team is stuff full of quality and yet we just get stuck in the quagmire

Aside from Defoe, you'd have the basis of a pretty good team from players we've sold in the last few years. Going forward

Mason Huddlestone
Townsend Siggurdson Chadli
Defoe

Bench; Carroll, Holtby, Capoue

Top 8 quality easy I reckon.

:tobyarm:

Defence doesn't look so clever though;

Gomez
Hutton Dawson Kaboul Assou - Ekkotto

:lamelashock:

Aside from Defoe, you'd have the basis of a pretty good team from players we've sold in the last few years. Going forward

Mason Huddlestone
Townsend Siggurdson Chadli
Defoe

Bench; Carroll, Holtby, Capoue

Top 8 quality easy I reckon.

:tobyarm:

Defence doesn't look so clever though;

Gomez
Hutton Dawson Kaboul Assou - Ekkotto

:lamelashock:

Worse with comedy vlad in there

Back