January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LegitimateThoughtfulEthiopianwolf-max-1mb.gif

Obviously the last thread didn't have enough posts for the transfer gods to notice and look what happened there. I'm expecting a few of you to pull your fingers out and get to posting absolute shite in overdrive mode between now and January.

My aim is that Poch (or Moch Poch as my missus calls him as she pinches his 'delicious chubby cheeks') reads this thread and realises that we can buy in January. Or that levy (that bald penny pinching twat as my missus calls him) realises he can spend in January!

What does your missus call you?

Obviously the last thread didn't have enough posts for the transfer gods to notice and look what happened there. I'm expecting a few of you to pull your fingers out and get to posting absolute shite in overdrive mode between now and January.

You've beaten us to it!

Will be interesting to see how many players we bring in in January

If we need one I'm sure we'll be open to what's on offer. Doesn't Barrios have a release clause that kicks in around January time?

You never know, if the FFP situation genuinely offers concern to Villa come March they may still need to cash in. The only risk they would have taken of that is their strategy is if Spurs don't come back in for him. I don't know about the FFP rules I've read all sorts but that would be a pretty smart move if they thought keeping Grealish until the end of Jan was better than losing him in August

If we need one I'm sure we'll be open to what's on offer. Doesn't Barrios have a release clause that kicks in around January time?

You never know, if the FFP situation genuinely offers concern to Villa come March they may still need to cash in. The only risk they would have taken of that is their strategy is if Spurs don't come back in for him. I don't know about the FFP rules I've read all sorts but that would be a pretty smart move if they thought keeping Grealish until the end of Jan was better than losing him in August
There will also be players at other big clubs that have fallen to the wayside looking for a move. Lucas was a prime example last winter

Back
Top Bottom