January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very concerned about our survival if we buy no one before next season.

I reckon there'll be money to spend, I don't see why there wouldn't be anything in the pot?
Why shouldn't there be any money to spend in the summer? We don't know for sure about January either... it's only based on a report.
I think he would be expected to work with what he has, at most I think we will be doing Arnesen type transfers, what Mo said about the Fernandes transfer was very telling.

I think he would be expected to work with what he has, at most I think we will be doing Arnesen type transfers, what Mo said about the Fernandes transfer was very telling.

I'm not expecting (and also don't think it would be a good idea) to spend like mad. I'd be more than happy to buy cheaper players, but we also need new signings that would make an almost immediate impact. A slightly tougher task.

Surely he knew the situation before taking the job. It'd also be pretty dumb to come out and say we have a massive war chest to spend, other clubs would want more from us.

Really though, I only see one glaring need, which is a proper DM.

Radio report I heard last night praised his impact.... I did say "apparently". :roll:

The same report said that his performance quickly. silenced the boo boys when he came on.... Fickle twats that they inevitably are.

Point still stands; it'll cost a fortune to get rid of him and he still has an impact for them.

Oh... And the point about his agent also stands.

xxx
That was the game before I believe... Not the weekend.

Original ES tweet:

"no big Tottenham spending splurge in January"

Daily Hotpurs rehash:

"will not be given funds to improve his squad during the January transfer window"

:kanehand:

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a tweet in the following days saying: Spurs to break the bank in January.

We would have all possibilities covered with that. It's not like we don't have this kind of news every single window...

I think it’s cobblers Spanners. They wouldn’t spring it on him now. He’ll have known from before day one.
Meant as a joke. Levy spending......obviously went down like a lead balloon. I think I posted way back, agreeing with your comment here about the fact that Mourinho would have most certainly have gone through all of this before taking the job. So we're on the same page.....apart from my failed joke.....🙄

Meant as a joke. Levy spending......obviously went down like a lead balloon. I think I posted way back, agreeing with your comment here about the fact that Mourinho would have most certainly have gone through all of this before taking the job. So we're on the same page.....apart from my failed joke.....🙄
I funnied it mate. I’m surprised you didn’t notice. Don’t be sad.

Diawara played full 90 for Roma tonight (in a CM2) away at Inter, very decent game too from what I saw, I caught bits of first and most of second half.

Numbers back this up - 3 tackles, 6 interceptions, 64 passes at 85% away at the top of the league team. Kid's still only 22yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom