January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours in youth circles that Eberechi Eze (21 year old AM who has played 100+ games for QPR, scored 10 goals for QPR last season and scored 5 goals at the half way mark this season. Also E u21) is coming to Spurs with Luke Amos probably going the other way (on loan at QPR now) with Jack Clarke also joining QPR on loan. Eze surely one for the future.

19 year old Jack Clarke's loan at Leeds confirmed to be ending wef 1 January (see his thread) so JM will see him at training until the Eze deal goes through.

Nothing confirmed until its on OS but sounds very possible.

Wow. Even Mourinho is going along with levy now, does he have a brainwashing machine..
So we cannot be kings of the transfer market or even compete in any way..so what was the point of the stadium then ?? We were told we wouldn't be skint like Woolwich as it had been thoughg through better after the situation Woolwich left themselves in, but apparently fuck all has changed, we still shop in the 2nd and 3rd tier with Leicester and others...
The point of stadium is purely financial. ENIC expanding their assets. Hosting revolting NFL teams, rock concerts etc etc. It is solely a money making venture. But at least our training facilities are now 5*. That's a step in the right direction. But I still think, in the face of a lot of adversity, that we should have put the stadium on hold and spent money on building a team to end all teams.
However, what's done is done. I'm putting all my faith in JM. He's at least moved us to a position from which we can still challenge for the 1st 4. Unlikely, I know but pretty good considering where we were a couple of months ago. I don't think JM would have taken this job without in depth discussions concerning needs and spending. He has his own reputation to think of as well. I'm looking forward to a far better 2nd half of the season. We have the talent to be in the top 4. In my opinion, it's more a question of changing some of the players attitude and bringing back urgency and hunger for the WHOLE 90 minutes. Less lateral and backwards passing. With Gio and Ndombele in MF, I think we're in good shape. I hope that will eventually be his starting lineup for all games.

I hope not. That's a huge backward step if we take him back. Unlikely he'll win anything at spurs anyway.
I have to disagree, even though it’s never going to happen , imagine if we did have him and just used him for the CL games, imagine being a defender and having a front 4 of dele, Kane, Son and bale to defend against? Still it’s never going to happen any way, why not try and get someone like Sane who wants out of city , or just give Sessengon some minutes as I reckon he is going to be world class

I have to disagree, even though it’s never going to happen , imagine if we did have him and just used him for the CL games, imagine being a defender and having a front 4 of dele, Kane, Son and bale to defend against? Still it’s never going to happen any way, why not try and get someone like Sane who wants out of city , or just give Sessengon some minutes as I reckon he is going to be world class
Agreed - there’s just something different about the attitudes of players who’ve won loads of stuff: look at Nando - never gave up despite being barely used.

yes, Bale would be a very different prospect to what we’re used to (older, expensive, proper proper marquee, short-term) - but would people really say no?
Ideally, though, the team we have is enough. Wouldn’t say no though if it means we get something for Eriksen?

The Bale deal revolves around Bale accepting a payment from Madrid to cancel the remaining 600k a week 2.5 year contract ... that's a 70 million contract.

The deal under discussion is Eriksen + 25m from Spurs - RM then pay Bale 25m to cancel his contract and Spurs give him a new 3.5 year contract on 300k a week ... those two together are worth about 70m as well.

Bale takes a hit both on the extra year and on higher UK taxes, but Spurs can offer some substantial potential bonuses which he won't get as a RM bench player.

What Bale brings is a winners mentality, fit or not in big games he has always performed ...

We don't want to pay him 300k and would rather pay him the same as Harry with bonuses, problem is the RM contract is guaranteed before bonuses. Definitely more than just a rumour but equally not a done deal.

It has to be now for us as Eriksen is free come the summer ... getting rid of Bale now will save RM 15m in salary and solve a big managerial headache. For them gaining Eriksen for six months + 15m saved just might get this over the line. The good news is no other club can do a similar deal there just aren't any more players of Eriksen's ability available for under 100m ... makes sense to get this done, bring him home.

The Bale deal revolves around Bale accepting a payment from Madrid to cancel the remaining 600k a week 2.5 year contract ... that's a 70 million contract.

The deal under discussion is Eriksen + 25m from Spurs - RM then pay Bale 25m to cancel his contract and Spurs give him a new 3.5 year contract on 300k a week ... those two together are worth about 70m as well.

Bale takes a hit both on the extra year and on higher UK taxes, but Spurs can offer some substantial potential bonuses which he won't get as a RM bench player.

What Bale brings is a winners mentality, fit or not in big games he has always performed ...

We don't want to pay him 300k and would rather pay him the same as Harry with bonuses, problem is the RM contract is guaranteed before bonuses. Definitely more than just a rumour but equally not a done deal.

It has to be now for us as Eriksen is free come the summer ... getting rid of Bale now will save RM 15m in salary and solve a big managerial headache. For them gaining Eriksen for six months + 15m saved just might get this over the line. The good news is no other club can do a similar deal there just aren't any more players of Eriksen's ability available for under 100m ... makes sense to get this done, bring him home.
I also heard a journalist say that the Chineses Super League will introduce a wage cap of 49k a week. That would mean going to China for the end of your career isn't possible anymore.

The only other destinations for him I could see happening are PSG (because of some Mbappe deal), or United (because Woodward gets off to the possibility of overspending).

I'm intrigued, afraid and skeptical at the same time, the transfer saga madness has begun :mourloopy:

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Soumare Ndombele
Jan Sanchez Toby Aurier
Gaza

the backline would remain our weak spot but I think this CM pairing would help them tremendously. That would be a beast team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom