January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I heard that yes, jumper's knee or something like that. I think that can be treated with the right physio/rehab but it can be quite bad.
I had a check on his transfermarkt profile and he has only played 9 games this season. Missing a few league rounds with muscle and calf injuries.

He's a big talent tho but I think we need to do some thorough scouting on him and his physical state.

Spurs Web Opinion

We are well stocked at right-back, with Tanganga also being able to cover for Doherty and Aurier. However, Araujo seems like a signing for the future rather than one who is expected to improve the side. If we did land him, I would not be surprised if we loaned him back to LA Galaxy for a year.

Concensus seems to be a signing for next season or even beyond.

Not a lot of time to get things done if they're not already in the pipeline by now.

Played loads last year, one of the best in the league and RM recalled him.
Yes. But he played through most of the second half of the season with a knee problem that as I understand it runs the risk of becoming/is already chronic. And as a result he has only gotten 9 games this season.

Odegaard was a major talent, had a few injuries but wouldn't mind a punt on him. He's still very young as well.
He is a very good player. He was excellent for Real Sociedad last season and was brought back to Real Madrid after one year in a two year deal.

The guy has so much football in him. He would work his arse of too. A 6 month loan deal would be excellent, not sure if Real would let him go. Re: kneeproblems..I haven't heard that he has a serious injury (edit: look below).

Last edited:
Yes. But he played through most of the second half of the season with a knee problem that as I understand it runs the risk of becoming/is already chronic. And as a result he has only gotten 9 games this season.

I looked up what Norwegain media have written about it. Basically patella tendinopathie. This can cause pain, but is treatable. Still not as serious as cartilage, meniscus, ligament injury.

I looked up what Norwegain media have written about it. Basically patella tendinopathie. This can cause pain, but is treatable. Still not as serious as cartilage, meniscus, ligament injury.
All I remember at the time in the Swedish press (Martin got a lot of coverage since he played with Isak) was that it was described as chronic unless he got treatment for it.

But I'll accept Norwegian press having more sources in and around Martin so I'll let it drop.

All I remember at the time in the Swedish press (Martin got a lot of coverage since he played with Isak) was that it was described as chronic unless he got treatment for it.

But I'll accept Norwegian press having more sources in and around Martin so I'll let it drop.
Well, even an injury like that can become a bigger problem if not treated correctly. He's a young lad who wants to play football.

From a footballing perspective he would be great for us.

Back
Top Bottom