January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really care about this window.
I'm more bothered about Summer
I really want to see that statement signing (CB) in the Summer.
What we need is something which will probably require summer to fix since we need to move on a lot of players and bring some new ones in

If we loan Dele hopefully , We can bring in a short term replacement . Eriksen would be useful and Dele's wage/loan should cover Eriksen's

Not really a January transfer possibility, more so for next Summer. How about Seny Dieng? QPR’s goalkeeper. He’s 6’ 4” worked his way up after being loaned out at lower leagues and looks good. Doubt he would cost much (£2m??) but should be able to be a 3rd choice at worst, if not challenging Joe Hart. Let’s us loan out the youngster currently on third choice.
Definitely the cheapest option, maybe not a bad idea if cash is very limited this Summer.
We could loan Whiteman to QPR as part of this to ensure he gets game time

Shame if Odegaard signs for Woolwich - I think he's a quality player.

And someone I'd have preferred to the links to Eriksen - but maybe two loans from Real Madrid weren't possible.

Not really a January transfer possibility, more so for next Summer. How about Seny Dieng? QPR’s goalkeeper. He’s 6’ 4” worked his way up after being loaned out at lower leagues and looks good. Doubt he would cost much (£2m??) but should be able to be a 3rd choice at worst, if not challenging Joe Hart. Let’s us loan out the youngster currently on third choice.
Definitely the cheapest option, maybe not a bad idea if cash is very limited this Summer.
If Hugo leaves for PSG you would think we would be in for Pope. Right age, fits the home grown quota ...

Another player from the championship I'm interested in is Michael Olise of Reading. £8m release clause and can play on the wings or as a number 10. Best youngster in the championship and hope we don't make another Grealish/Maddison/Eze mistake.

He's been brilliant this season

Nah. Great shot stopper. Horrible distribution. He’d be badly exposed at a big club.
That describes Hugo as well tho.

Hugo is one of the best shot stoppers in football but his distribution is subpar compared to other goalkeepers at similar clubs.

We aren't as reliant on playing out from the goalkeeper now as we were under Poch so Pope would be a reasonable signing.

First sale of the transfer window completed !

Er3jtKaWMAEaMLX

Mourinho on the club's foreign player limit problems​

I'm not even thinking of repercussions in relation to the transfer window, but the reality is that it was not easy to leave Gazzaniga out, but no other option.

Would be great for Joe Rodon's development to play in the Europa League. We've played already nine matches in the Europa League and if Joe was available to play these nine matches he would have for sure have played in three, four, five or six of them and would help of course in his development and adaptation.

So it's not an easy situation. Then how can you have more English players? English players from the academy. Then you have to basically try to help the academy, but at the same time you depend on their work, you depend on generation, you depend on talent.

And, honestly, I don't know if I should say it or not, the players that I feel are more talented in the academy are not the eldest ones. They are very young. We are speaking about kids of 16-year-old, we are not speaking about 18 or 19, let's say men that just need the last push. I feel that the biggest talents are very, very young.

Of course we have to help in their development in collaboration with the academy but we have to wait a little bit more.

English players from other clubs, they want to keep them, because normally all of them they have the same kind of problems or potentially they have the same kind of problems. So it's not easy, it's not an easy situation and clearly it's not a situation that you can resolve in one season. It's not possible.

Back
Top Bottom