January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The candidates are starting to flood in now

I've been banging the drum about this guy for a while. Now an excuse to watch more of his games.

Guaranteed quality in the set piece, goals and chance creation from play, undecided on his general play about the field and athleticism. Just turned 20. Cheapish. Doubt it happens.

His name is linked with everyone atm, I doubt we're in for him, we don't need a left winger or an AM

Actually, I'd argue we probably do need an AM.

We haven't really got one outside of Lo Celso - who I still think is better deeper. Especially with Dele Alli looking likely to leave.

Real Madrid are set to sell Spanish playmaker Isco in the winter transfer window.

The 28-year-old has only started three games in La Liga this term, and he does not have the best relationship with manager Zinedine Zidane.

And El Confidencial in Spain reports that Real are happy to sell Isco in the winter.

Woolwich and Everton were linked with the player in the summer.

Actually, I'd argue we probably do need an AM.

We haven't really got one outside of Lo Celso - who I still think is better deeper. Especially with Dele Alli looking likely to leave.
Right now Mourinho rotates Lo Celso and Ndombele in that position. It's the position we're the strongest in if anything, we need a RW/CM/CB/RB a lot more.

Right now Mourinho rotates Lo Celso and Ndombele in that position. It's the position we're the strongest in if anything, we need a RW/CM/CB/RB a lot more.

RW????

That's crazy talk!

Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Stevie, Clarke

RW????

That's crazy talk!

Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Stevie, Clarke
What Bale can produce is yet to be seen, and even if returns to his prime he's still not getting younger. Lucas and Lamela can both be improved upon. Stevie and Clarke, time will tell. We have a lot of quantity, but the quality could be improved. There's a reason no-one's nailed on for RW, compared with Son at LW.

What Bale can produce is yet to be seen, and even if returns to his prime he's still not getting younger. Lucas and Lamela can both be improved upon. Stevie and Clarke, time will tell. We have a lot of quantity, but the quality could be improved. There's a reason no-one's nailed on for RW, compared with Son at LW.

Point remains; as per your prior post "right now" (i.e. January) it couldn't be further from our agenda.

Point remains; as per your prior post "right now" (i.e. January) it couldn't be further from our agenda.
I'm not saying we need a RW in January, just that it's a position we're much weaker in than AM. The only position I can see us strenghtening in January is CB, and even that is doubtful.

Right now a centre-half and upgrade on either Winks or Sissoko (and preferably both) would be best.

For me those are the 2 most pressing areas.

The centre half can wait until next summer imo - especially with Tanganga and Rodon now available.

Come summer we sell davinson and upgrade big time there.

I think a central midfield upgrade on Sissoko/Winks could be the difference maker this season.

Someone like a Sabitzer would be great. Or alternatively we go for DM cover as we are truly fucked if PEH goes down for a while.

Back
Top Bottom