January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone on this forum absolutely raves about this guy.

Must admit, he looks bloody good.
Watch RBS as much as I can and he is by far their best player and he has a great engine on him.

Daka was who I wanted for the CF position, but this kid is definitely the brightest of the lot IMO.

Okafor is pretty nice too on the wing.

Mwepu is a hard working B2B midfielder who has received some tabloid space about a move to Liverpool.

I would like to see more CM help especially if Winks is on his way out.

I have liked what I have seen from Conor Gallagher at West Brom. I know he is a Chelsea kid so probably not going to happen, but he is workhorse and could be a nice person to put next to PEH.

I want to see GLC - PEH - TN in the midfield three, but could see Jose wanting a bit more muscle in there and Conor is not afraid to put in a challenge.

As an American there is some real talent coming through the pipeline. Weston, Tyler Adams, and Gio Reyna are the ones most folks know about, but the two below could be players to watch.

Chris Richards - Bayern - CB/RB. Don't know why he would move since he is getting time with CL winners and one of the most exciting clubs right now, but someone to keep an eye on.

Brenden Aaronson - RBS - CM/AM. He is a January transfer to RBS and someone I am pretty excited to see grow under Marsch. He has an eye for goal, great close control, and a fun player to watch.

I've been banging the drum about this guy for a while. Now an excuse to watch more of his games.

Guaranteed quality in the set piece, goals and chance creation from play, undecided on his general play about the field and athleticism. Just turned 20. Cheapish. Doubt it happens.

Sounds like the scum are properly in for him. We should be looking at him. He’d add quality.

I'm not saying we need a RW in January, just that it's a position we're much weaker in than AM.

"Right now Mourinho rotates Lo Celso and Ndombele in that position. It's the position we're the strongest in if anything, we need a RW/CM/CB/RB a lot more."

You kind did tbf.

Regardless we are stacked at RW.

"Right now Mourinho rotates Lo Celso and Ndombele in that position. It's the position we're the strongest in if anything, we need a RW/CM/CB/RB a lot more."

You kind did tbf.

Regardless we are stacked at RW.
No I didn't. I said we need a RW more than an AM, but we need neither in January.

We have players we can start at RW, but do we have someone who can match Kane or Son's goal contributions? I guess we'll see.

No I didn't. I said we need a RW more than an AM, but we need neither in January.

We have players we can start at RW, but do we have someone who can match Kane or Son's goal contributions? I guess we'll see.

You didn't say that though; you did however rank RW alongside our more pressing needs (otherwise why not mention GK, ST, LW etc. too?)... In a thread about January.

We have a shitload of RWs..... They just need to play.... Getting another will prevent that.....

Real Madrid are set to sell Spanish playmaker Isco in the winter transfer window.

The 28-year-old has only started three games in La Liga this term, and he does not have the best relationship with manager Zinedine Zidane.

And El Confidencial in Spain reports that Real are happy to sell Isco in the winter.

Woolwich and Everton were linked with the player in the summer.

He's been 'set to leave' for 8 years odd now...

You didn't say that though; you did however rank RW alongside our more pressing needs (otherwise why not mention GK, ST, LW etc. too?)... In a thread about January.

We have a shitload of RWs..... They just need to play.... Getting another will prevent that.....

Why aren't you a lawyer? :mourbringit:

Because I was stressing how much we don't need an AM in January, that it's so down on our priority list it's not even in the top four of our most needed upgrades. Seems pretty obvious tbh.

Because I was stressing how much we don't need an AM in January, that it's so down on our priority list it's not even in the top four of our most needed upgrades. Seems pretty obvious tbh.

Listing RW amongst our pressing needs does this how?

RW is our most stacked position. It's not top four either.... Thus I contradicted your first post.

Listing RW amongst our pressing needs does this how?

RW is our most stacked position. It's not top four either.... Thus I contradicted your first post.
I literally explained how. We need consistent goal contributions from people not called Kane or Son.

I actually agree we're too reliant on Son and Kane for goals right now.

But given the weakness at CB, that simply has to be the priority if we are to bring in a player.
In attack we're actually okay as long as we don't have injuries. Also, Bale could improve with more game time, and Bergwijn and Vinicius will get better as they mature in PL.

Back
Top Bottom