January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bring in two players to replace him and get others back from injury and they could be okay. Definitely a dent though, he's quality.

There's the factor of settling-in time too..... Especially under a nutter like Bielsa.

According ot that list Emerson Royal is the 4th best FB/WB in the world...and the 3rd best is Bastoni, who's actually a CB :cool:
I hope Spurs won't use their kind of algorithm then they chose their next targets
Hence the 🎱.

Random data aggregator. You can toggle positionally a bit but the free version is fairly limited. Also explains how the ratings are figured (0-100 rating calculated from players’ last 20 matches.)

FAQ BOT

Would explain why Emerson is so high on this list… he’s been healthy and playing regularly.

Raphinha at £60m is so much more of a better transfer than Traore at £30m. Raphinha is a proper footballer who can do so many more aspects of the game. They are chalk and cheese in ability and what they can produce on a football pitch. Raphinha and Son in the same team would be sensational.
Give levy the choice between spending 30 and 60....what do you think he'll do....?

If - I repeat if - Chelski have a £25 million buy-out option on Tino Livramento there is no way Spurs can get him. He's already worth £25+ and Spurs is the last most probably the last club Chelksi wants any of their players to end up at - so they would simply trigger the buy-out clause and either keep him or sell him.

... Adama punts the ball into row Z because he's running too fast to maintain effective control of the ball.
Just needs some time with conte. Look what he's done with dier, winks et al....don't you think he work the same magic with a player who's far more talented?

Weston McKennie now flavour of the week - obvious Juve connection and whilst he may not be the most technically gifted player he is very much a Conte style hard working player. He can play DM/AM or cover a host of other positions, he plays primarily as the 'mezzala' for Juve sort of attacking midfielder who also presses very hard ... only 23 and probably not quite EPL ready, but certainly a good prospect ... and he's an American so our marketing boys will love him.
USA out..! No yanks at Spurs....

My issue with Traore is that he seems like another Lucas. Now, I've warmed to Lucas. He obviously had that night and he's a very likeable character, but he isn't the most intelligent footballer.

What he has done, however, is a carve a role for himself where he picks the ball up deeper and drives at the opposition. That's his skill - dribbling at pace and pushing us forward. The problems start when he has to do something with the ball and he either runs into other players or overhits a pass. Again, he has his values. He works hard and he's the least of our problems at the moment.

I just think Traore is the same thing on steroids. Direct, yes. Fast, yes. But I think we're crying out for a really intelligent ten that link our midfield and attack, not another pace merchant.

I don't particularly want a "10" because I don't particularly want us to play that way (I'd prefer 352 under Conte or 433 under someone else) but fuck me we could do with some intelligence everywhere on the pitch.

If - I repeat if - Chelski have a £25 million buy-out option on Tino Livramento there is no way Spurs can get him. He's already worth £25+ and Spurs is the last most probably the last club Chelksi wants any of their players to end up at - so they would simply trigger the buy-out clause and either keep him or sell him.
Is it £25m? Had it in my head it was £40m.

There is a stat for players actions that have led to most shots in the premier league and he creates around 4-5 shots per game was in the top 5 until recently. Also watched a Wolves game recently vs Brighton (I think), he made 3 decent chances and his teammates shot them straigh at the goalie. So nothing goes in the goals/assists column as others didnt score.
Another reason it pays to watch games and not just the stats

It is possible Vlahovic would come in and hit the ground running right away, but it is also possible that it takes time for him to adapt or even that he would not be able to adapt at all.

The bigger point I was making was that a simple Kane-Vlahovic swap is not close to enough we need to strengthen the squad overall or we will be looking at the same problems we have now except with a younger player getting no chances.
Different styles and players but people here think a new player should be player of tge year within a week

Unfortunately Spurs DO use that kind of algorithm
I know right?

It's such a gigantic bummer to have the young RB that Brasil's been calling up for Copa America/WC qualifying. It's not like being subbed in to a Copa America Final as a 22 year-old is going to be an incredible learning experience.

I bet the Brazilian Federation is probably forcing Tite's hand to play Emerson, because they really want to go on the stadium Dare SkyWalk™.

Back
Top Bottom