January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paulinho says hi

Paulinho-Football365.jpg

Barcelona​

On 14 August 2017, Barcelona announced a deal with Guangzhou Evergrande for the purchase of Paulinho for €40 million.[23] According to Guangzhou Evergrande, Barcelona made several unsuccessful bids before activating his release clause.[24]

Paulinho received praise for his performances throughout the season; becoming one of Barcelona's key players as they won the domestic double.[34] He finished the season with 9 goals in 49 appearances.[35]

If it is true that Eduardo Camavinga is wanting to leave Real M. then Spurs should do their best to get him (he's still only 19 so I would presume he knew that he wouldn't be playing much his first season so I take this rumour with a huge pinch of salt)

Barcelona​

On 14 August 2017, Barcelona announced a deal with Guangzhou Evergrande for the purchase of Paulinho for €40 million.[23] According to Guangzhou Evergrande, Barcelona made several unsuccessful bids before activating his release clause.[24]

Paulinho received praise for his performances throughout the season; becoming one of Barcelona's key players as they won the domestic double.[34] He finished the season with 9 goals in 49 appearances.[35]

Yeah big mistake that we sold him, imagine the success we would have had if he'd stayed. :pocheyes:

Haha that’s hilarious…. Sorry guys … you mind if we try another one if your RBs. … this one’s a bit shit

You knew that didn’t ya
Actually, I did somewhat.

You can check my posts when we were about to sign Emerson if you wish, I didn’t think he was anything to shout about back then and I still don’t.

Anybody on here following the Man Utd. reserves? Well, Spurs have been linked to their right-back Charlie Wellens, whose contract expires next summer...

Jose Mourinho in transfer raid on Man Utd for whizkid Charlie Wellens, 19, who impressed Roma boss when at Old Trafford

More of a utility player - can play either FB, CM/DM etc and has done on loan at League 2 - but would probably need either a Championship loan or playing in the first team to establish himself in the Spurs first team.

Spurs have a number of good youngsters coming through, but just have not had the loans or other first team experience. We currently have 3 out on loan and about another 8 who have shown they have outgrown the u23's and could do with loans - so Wellens would be competing with them.

Not sure he's what we need right now - we need youngsters who already have playing experience imo

It's odds on that Doc starts v Soton and I will be amazed if we sell him this January with 4 games v Chelsea and Woolwich.
Said before I think Conte will buy 2 CBs or 1CB and a hybrid CB/DM
So Rodon out and maybe Sanchez although he has improved.
For Dele and Winks it's fight or flight.
If GLC is fit and not featured in recent squads chances are he will be replaced.
So a CB and a creative midfielder minimum.
But I have a hunch Conte could be contemplating a seismic change.

Talk Vlahovic wants 200k a week

Jonathan David for me all the way. can play as 9 and wide perfect to fit into a front 3 - will get plenty of games and goals and will cost 40/50 max

Talk Vlahovic wants 200k a week

Jonathan David for me all the way. can play as 9 and wide perfect to fit into a front 3 - will get plenty of games and goals and will cost 40/50 max
Ndombele is getting paid 200k a week, that’s not that bad. We could easily cover that.

It's odds on that Doc starts v Soton and I will be amazed if we sell him this January with 4 games v Chelsea and Woolwich.
Said before I think Conte will buy 2 CBs or 1CB and a hybrid CB/DM
So Rodon out and maybe Sanchez although he has improved.
For Dele and Winks it's fight or flight.
If GLC is fit and not featured in recent squads chances are he will be replaced.
So a CB and a creative midfielder minimum.
But I have a hunch Conte could be contemplating a seismic change.

Not sure a CB is essential as under Conte we have conceded very few goals - but maybe an upgrade on Sanchez and sell Rodon who is clearly not favoured - that gives us 4 x CB's in Romero, Sanchex or upgrade, Dier and Tanganga.

Defensively we could do with an upgrade on Doherty at RWB.

In centre midfield we could do with a top creative CM to compliment Skipp and Hojbjerg - with both Winks and Dele looking rejuvenated under Conte, putting a question mark over Ndombele and Lo Celso neither of whom seem to have put the efort in under Conte ?

Up front I think we need a reinforcement for Kane/Son/Moura/Bergwijn as we are one injury away from a goalscoring problem - not sure Gil is experienced enough to join that list - ideally a striker but any decent player, including a Bale on loan.

How many of those are feasible in January is another matter - and its more about player availability and selling players to create space than anything else. Good news is we have a fairly full squad - but ur issue is too many are 'average' players who we want/need to upgrade on.

Di Marzio and others in Italy reporting the last few days that it's extremely unlikely Vlahovic moves in January. Personally don't think we'll make a serious attempt to sign him, I do think we'll spend a good amount on players this year but can't see us spending 70m on a striker when we have Kane. (Rightly or wrongly.)

David, Scamacca, Richarlison, Gouiri or the lad from River Plate would all be interesting players to look at. I'd hate to see Vlahovic at another PL club, I've loved watching him over the last year, hopefully ends up at Juventus.

Not sure a CB is essential as under Conte we have conceded very few goals - but maybe an upgrade on Sanchez and sell Rodon who is clearly not favoured - that gives us 4 x CB's in Romero, Sanchex or upgrade, Dier and Tanganga.

In centre midfield we could do with a top creative CM to compliment Skipp and Hojbjerg - with both Winks and Dele looking rejuvenated under Conte, putting a question mark over Ndombele and Lo Celso neither of whom seem to have put the efort in under Conte ?

Up front I think we need a reinforcement for Kane/Son/Moura/Bergwijn as we are one injury away from a goalscoring problem - not sure Gil is experienced enough to join that list - ideally a striker but any decent player, including a Bale on loan.

How many of those are feasible in January is another matter - and its more about player availability and selling players to create space than anything else. Good news is we have a fairly full squad - but ur issue is too many are 'average' players who we want/need to upgrade on.
Ball players at CB would make a massive difference to be honest. So many of our chances are created by Lucas carrying the ball through those midfield areas and dragging opposition away from covering our wing back runs.. and we've seen bits of that with Davies doing so from the lcb position, and Sanchez/Japhet have made less effective attempts at it. I think ball-carrying defenders will be high on the shopping list for us this year.

I'm happy with Davies at LCB and Doc at RWB. Both solid players.
We would have to spend a lot of money (IMO unnecessarily) to replace them.
If Dier gets injured I do not fancy Sanchez Rodon at all so a CB upgrade vital IMO.
Bale on loan (if fit) would be delicious.
Either or both of GLC and Ndombele leaving not really something to cry about.

Ball players at CB would make a massive difference to be honest. So many of our chances are created by Lucas carrying the ball through those midfield areas and dragging opposition away from covering our wing back runs.. and we've seen bits of that with Davies doing so from the lcb position, and Sanchez/Japhet have made less effective attempts at it. I think ball-carrying defenders will be high on the shopping list for us this year.

I think its a question of priority, not doubting the need, so be very happy to get an upgrade on Sanchez to a CB who is better on the ball. But with our other needs, don't think we need 2. new CB's

That gives us 5 CB's in Romero, Sanchex upgrade, Dier, Davies and Tanganga assuming we sell Rodon.

I said it in the summer saying it now. Despite our persistence with Sessingnon I think that Palace LB Mitchell is a player with huge ability and is one we should poach.
Good player, think he’s a bit too limited going forward to be a Conte wingback. Mitchell is better suited to play 4 at the back.

Back
Top Bottom