January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw someone mention Alen Halilovic in jest so looked him up.
I remember him being labelled the next best thing and he looked a bit like Modric so it must have been true.

People bitched and moaned that we didn't sign him and missed out when he went to Barcelona.
Looking at his career ever since, he has done absolutely fuck all ever since.
Cannot believe he is now at Reading. Do you remember the name of CB who we looked at at the same time.

'Compensation'...... Semantics, my friend... Choose a different word.

"Every bit of debt paid in the meantime is effectively money in their pocket come sale time."

Projected yield? ... I dunno, whatever the wafty financial term in ought to be in that investment scenario.
I don’t disagree with that but saying our value of what we’ve paid off & the clubs assets is £3.5b is unrealistic

I saw someone mention Alen Halilovic in jest so looked him up.
I remember him being labelled the next best thing and he looked a bit like Modric so it must have been true.

People bitched and moaned that we didn't sign him and missed out when he went to Barcelona.
Looking at his career ever since, he has done absolutely fuck all ever since.
That's the nature of transfers with all clubs. We also looked at buying Grealish, Dias, Bruno, Moutinho, Mane, Willian, Hazard who could have been great for us.

The likes of Grealish, Bruno, Dias, Willian could also have flopped here, every situation is different and some players just land in the right club at the right time.

Damiao, Berahino, Stuart Downing.. maybe Berahino would have found the right manager in Poch and kicked on, or maybe we dodged a bullet and avoided a guy with poor attitude. Maybe Halilovic has a better career if he moves to Shakhtar Donetsk or Sporting Lisbon at 17.. every situation is different, in football as it is in life.

You would buy chavs all day long their global appeal is wider due to their success we on the other hand are not
They were looked at by some baseball tycoon along with us & Abramovich made it know that they had a price

Imagine if he sells up and they get a fresh , enthusiastic CEO come in

😞

I don’t disagree with that but saying our value of what we’ve paid off & the clubs assets is £3.5b is unrealistic

But that's not what's being 'said' by that price-tag......

That price-tag 'says' 2 things:

1. For the most part, we're not looking to sell (much like when Levy said no bids below 250m for Kane a few summers back).
2. If we are to entertain a sale then we want a price which reflects our projected profits should we stay and the debts are continue to be repaid over the next 5, 10 etc. years.

TBH, seeing as we don't know what the so-called 1bn in add-ons amounts to it's probably a bit more grounded to consider it 2.5 bn asking price albeit with some 'unknown asterisks'.

Look, it's all obscene amounts of money that tbh I can't comprehend in terms of true 'worth' anyway (esp. when it comes to commercial and corporate branding and opportunity etc.)..... But this has been the entirely apparent investment strategy from the moment the structure of the stadium build project was announced...... i.e No news-flash.

Isolated question: How much do you think FSG were holding out for seeing as 3 bn wasn't enough to turn their heads?

Something will happen we are just waiting to bring money in first. It seems obvious that is what's happening. I've more issue of who we are bringing in. I desperately want the squad improved but I'm not convinced swapping Bergwijn for Traore really does much at all.
Totally agree. We can talk about brozovic, de vriejs etc. but these lads are playing champions league and are top of the table. Theyre not leaving till summer.
We do need recruitment but i feel unfortunately its gonna be squad cover till summer. Couple of players out is vital now too

Back
Top Bottom