January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree, seems likely we'll agree with Kessie, post Afcon, then trying to bring it forward (hopefully by subsidising a loan to them for NDombele).

Loosing NDombele's attitude, and adding Kessie (who will only be signing to play/train under Conte) even if he adds little on the pitch over PEH, would hugely increase our competitiveness.

Then PEH might show his Denmark form, with plentiful rest, and be viable rotation with Kessie or Skipp.

Think the lack of multiple links (CM), gives suggestive hope, that he has privately shaken hands, and more hopefully this is an A list player from Conte.
Højbjerg is used differently for Danmark than under Conte. When Jose was head-coach, Højbjerg did well, too. So, it's not so much about plentiful rest but more about a system that fits him. He's too slow for Conte's system to be efficient.

flags-1.png
If the wind is blowing in the other direction though…

So on that basis..... FSG said "no" at 3bn..... Would you consider THFC at north of 2.25 bn to be a 'fair' (gross-of-debt) evaluation then? ....Or do you think they FSG were overpricing too?

(Not trying to 'catch you out' or 'corner you' here'.... Just interesting stuff considering this is likely what dictates our future sooner or later.)
I think a realistic price for us is around 1b to 1.5b , for our global name , assets , so yup FSG overpriced but I guess their argument is their name is a lot more known than ours , I think they have 3 times the world fan base

But Liverpool is not really my concern , to me their value is just shy of 50p

Benjamin Mensah is the new RWB :cool:

And for once transfermarkt knew less about a player than I did 😁

Tottenham Hotspur show interest in Peterborough United youngster, fellow youths to get chance to impress loan clubs​

Tottenham Hotspur have made an enquiry for one of Peterborough United’s young talents.​

Internet rumours surfaced this week linking the Premier League side with 19-year-old full back Benjamin Mensah.

The young right-sided player is highly thought of by the club but has been held back this season by injuries and contracting Covid twice.
He has made four appearances for Posh, all of which coming off the bench in EFL Trophy matches in the previous two seasons.

Speaking to club media today (January 14), Director of Football Barry Fry confirmed that the club had been approached by a number of sides, including Spurs, but that all offers had been rejected.

He said: “I have talked to Tottenham and they have suggested one or two things to me, which I told the manager and the chairman about but they were adamant it was a no. Tottenham are still monitoring the situation.

“Benjy has been so, so unlucky. If he hadn’t had the injuries and covid twice, he’d have been knocking on the door of the first team.
“It’s nice that clubs like Tottenham recognise his talent but we have declined everything that has been suggested.”
With the signing of Steven Benda earlier in the week, Posh are expected to allow young goalkeeper Will Blackmore to head out on loan.

The club also plan to use the two upcoming Under 23 matches to invite prospective clubs to see their players in action, with the view to taking them on loan.
Posh face Sheffield Wednesday in league action at the Posh Academy Training Ground on Wednesday (January 19) before taking on Burnley in the rearranged Premier League Cup tie at the Weston Homes Stadium at 1pm the following Monday (January 24)

Back
Top Bottom