January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no but he doesn't have to say anything does he? why even bother with positivity if things are so miserable?

Conte's a "straight talker" as he says himself won't shirk from telling things like they are.

he's lying here is he?

things aren't always as shit as they seem.

too much overreaction to the last week .

People jsut thought he was pissed off and was looking to 'walk' because they were merely projecting their own misrable mindest, nothing to see here.

Guys that I think would fit Conte's system very nice (most of them young and are are attainable in the transfer market):

Kostic (LWB/LW) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
Gosens (LWB)
Theo Hernandez (LCB/LWB) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
De Ligt (CB)
Wirtz (ACM/RW) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
Maehle (RWB/LWB)
Lamptey (RWB)
Schick (CF)
Vlahovic (CF)
Guimaraes (DM/CM)
Paqueta (ACM)
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (CM) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
De Vrij (LCB)
Oyarzabal (RW)
Pau Torres (CB)
Zielinski (CM)
Skriniar (CB)
Tielemans (CM)
Kessie (CM)
Kounde (RCB) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
Lingard (RW)
Raphinha (RW)
Nunez (CF)
Neuhaus (CM)
Soler (ACM)
Bellingham (ACM)
Pellegrini (CM)
Gouiri (LW)
Belotti (CF)
Goncalves (ACM) One of the favourites – perfect for Conte IMO
Baumgartner (ACM)
Atal (RWB)
Baku (RWB)
Cash (RWB)
Mazraoui (RWB)
Szoboszlai (ACM)
Gallagher (ACM)
Lacroix (CB)

EDIT: Looks like I made a huge list. Give me Paratici's number.

Also worth pointing out that there is a little choice for a right wing-back which we so desperately need, maybe even 2. So Adama transfer wouldn't be the dumbest thing to do.

Looks like ACM and wing-back positions are dominating, but probably no surprise. IMO any of signings with players above would be very, very exciting.

P.S I didn't include names like Dybala, Bowen, Ward-Prowse and Dembele. I think that these kind of players are not worth it and wouldn't work.

Kids Pray GIF by Compassion
You know ball. Kostic, Savic and Gonçalves are three of my favourites for this club as well. Baku and De Vrij I think would also be perfect

Never worked and never will. It's always a bad Idea to buy a player and loan him back for the same team, they will favour another players that are compromised for the long term and the player will hardly give 100%.

We had this exact problem with Jack Clark's loan back to Leeds, did we not? They barely touched him so we had to forward him on to QPR.

I presume he was asked some kind of question that prompted him to give that answer though

Maybe you're right

But I will say that the feeling right now amongst many is not just because of the Chelsea Games

It's a build up from years and years of poor decisions and general ineptitude
Sure, the point I'm making is, there's no reason not to believe Conte of all people here.

he's already said to Levy/Paratici what the squad needs etc and didn't "sugar coat" it. Could easily go down that route again if he'd wanted.

We had this exact problem with Jack Clark's loan back to Leeds, did we not? They barely touched him so we had to forward him on to QPR.
They knew they stole £10m from us for a bang average kid.
Pal of mine is a Leeds fan and he said he'd shown little glimpses of being good, got injured or ill or something and no sign of a recovery. Then they got £10m - great business for them.

Could be an innocent omission but to me, he's praised everything else about the club apart from the playing squad.

Even Jose and Poch made a point of praising the team that they got to work with as a reason for being grateful to manage at Spurs.

I think that statement was just a message to the fans in light of all the "he's gonna leave" noise from the last week.

As an aside, he's spent recent weeks telling us the we're a level below where we need to be and letting it be know that he wants some players.... I'm not sure why he'd muddy either message by saying "My squad is great".

Lastly; the landscape (and personal position) has differed for each of the 3 managers; so it only stands to reason they'd communicate their differing messages in their own way.

Let's test this chump. For once he's actually saying things we haven't heard.

Hercules
Spence is one of them. It told it is unlikely. But we are trying (Forest), Got this from within a certain department within, so not news to everyone. We have eye on couple other championship players. One is RWB. We can all jump to assumptions it’s the Derby kid. I really don’t know. Told Dybala is a difficult and tricky one. We have been sounded out.

Thank fuck
It's this kind of attitude that left us with no signings for 2 windows.
Our squad is both thin and shit. Whether Traore is a brilliant player or not is irrelevant, he will improve our squad. There's no way are we in talks this long if Conte isn't interested. We know Conte can make use of wingers as full backs. He's not even a financial risk.

It's this kind of attitude that left us with no signings for 2 windows.
Our squad is both thin and shit. Whether Traore is a brilliant player or not is irrelevant, he will improve our squad. There's no way are we in talks this long if Conte isn't interested. We know Conte can make use of wingers as full backs. He's not even a financial risk.

I don’t think we should sign any of Conte’s targets like Adama, Vlahovic or Kessie unless TFC forum members approve it by poll.

Spence is one of them. It told it is unlikely. But we are trying (Forest), Got this from within a certain department within, so not news to everyone. We have eye on couple other championship players. One is RWB. We can all jump to assumptions it’s the Derby kid. I really don’t know. Told Dybala is a difficult and tricky one. We have been sounded out. (From above...:rolleyes: )

So you’re finally admitting you’re a chav fan. Thanks for coming out.
No need to come out mate just stating the fucking obvious.
If you were someone or a party looking to buy in Chelsea would hold the greater appeal because they are successful compared to our limp wristed lot.
Just because we support spurs doesn't mean we can't see the club for which it is which is all fur coat and no knickers we flatter to deceive.

Whilst this isn't ITK (I don't believe any of it) I do agree with old Trix here

Imagine if we went out and spent 40-50 mil on 2-3 players to come in and rotate only for DV's position at Fiorentina becomes untenable(looking more likely by the day) only for us not to have enough money to move for him? Could you imagine how SC would respond? The scenes in here from those same posters whining and crying because we've yet to tie a player up would be on another scale altogether.

All hypothetical of course but none the less........

It may just be that we have a few options but not sure which ones to move for as at now.
It's 10.30pm in the club, you've only just arrived, there's only a handful of girls in the place. Leave it until the DJ plays so bangers and everyone's in the mood.

Back
Top Bottom