January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think I'd rather Schick, 9 apps 8 goals 2 assists (called him summer, I'm on fire TBF lately even though I'm no anorak) and that Dutch 19 year old Adeyemi, than Vlahovic if he's £60M+

Give Bergwijn in the deal for Adeyemi (or sell that window), if Conte can't make him 100% better.

Anyone watch Bundesliga? Schick to play former (when he had legs) Kane Role? Compete for the spot?
SCHIck has heart problems in the past iirc. I'm not sure he can handle working for Tony :contepoint::contelip:

SCHIck has heart problems in the past iirc. I'm not sure he can handle working for Tony :contepoint::contelip:

Oh, fair point, thought it was knees. He just reminded me of how used to move and his presence (of 16-17) at the Euros.

If knees, would take happily, to compete or replace Kane (as said, as long as we buy other heavy goal/assist contributors with the remaining £££).

Edit:

Compact
Detailed

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
21/22Torn Ankle LigamentOct 25, 2021-12 days3Bayer 04 Leverkusen
20/21KnockJan 20, 2021Jan 29, 20219 days1Bayer 04 Leverkusen
20/21Torn Muscle FibreOct 4, 2020Nov 11, 202038 days7Bayer 04 Leverkusen
19/20Knee ProblemsJun 22, 2020Jun 30, 20208 days1RB Leipzig
19/20Ankle problemsOct 15, 2019Nov 18, 201934 days7RB Leipzig
19/20Ankle problemsSep 15, 2019Oct 1, 201916 days3RB Leipzig
18/19Biceps femoris muscle injuryFeb 8, 2019Mar 1, 201921 days4AS Roma
18/19InflammationOct 19, 2018Oct 22, 20183 days1AS Roma
17/18Muscle InjuryJan 28, 2018Feb 10, 201813 days2AS Roma
17/18Muscular problemsOct 31, 2017Nov 23, 201723 days4AS Roma
17/18Hamstring InjurySep 18, 2017Oct 20, 201732 days6AS Roma
17/18Hamstring InjurySep 7, 2017Sep 14, 20177 days1AS Roma
16/17Shoulder InjuryMay 1, 2017May 8, 20177 days1UC Sampdoria

Would take, flood the boy with magnesium. Lower his meat!

Ironically he's out now with torn ligament! Cheap then!

Get him on high MSM, Conte's team can hopefully fix guys like this!!!

Last edited:
I haven’t watched the Bu dealings this season but in the past Schick seems like a better fit as a 3rd choice option behind Kane and Son to fill in when needed/be a key player in the B team.

I don’t think he is a viable option to be a Kane replacement now or in the future. The hope with Vlahovic is that he can be that player.

If money is a problem or we spend big in MF and CB Schick is fine for a year but ultimately we need an option to take over for Kane at some point.

Think I'd rather Schick, 9 apps 8 goals 2 assists (called him summer, I'm on fire TBF lately even though I'm no anorak) and that Dutch 19 year old Adeyemi, than Vlahovic if he's £60M+

Give Bergwijn in the deal for Adeyemi (or sell that window), if Conte can't make him 100% better.

Anyone watch Bundesliga? Schick to play former (when he had legs) Kane Role? Compete for the spot?
I personally prefer the German (Karim) Adeyemi :cool:

Want:

brothers.jpeg

Mini-Bellingham.

Certainly, the number 1 priority for Conte is to sort out the Kane issue. If Kane's mind is still on Man City then better sell him - but, of course, not at any cost. Maybe around £120-130M.
And if Spurs do sell him then I'd look at the following CFs:

1st choices

Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David
Karim Adeyami
Aleksander Isak

2nd choices

Wahid Faghir
Luka Jovic
Myron Boadu

Last edited:
Certainly, the number 1 priority for Conte is to sort out the Kane issue. If Kane's mind is still on Man City then better sell him - but, of course, not at any cost. Maybe around £120-130M.
And if Spurs do sell him then I'd look at the following CFs:

Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David
Karim Adeyami
Aleksander Isak
Wahid Faghir
Luka Jovic
Myron Boadu

On Friday, young Orange trainer Erwin van de Loo named his team for the upcoming international encounter. Myron Boadu is a notable absentee.

Van de Looi harshly criticised the AS Monaco striker last month, and he is now out. Crysencio Summerville of Leeds United replaces him and makes his debut in the squad. On November 12 and 15, the Dutch Juniors will face Young Bulgaria and Young Gibraltar, respectively.

"Myron is a player with a lot of talent and quality and has also proven his value for the Dutch Juniors several times. We do expect a player who is called up for the Dutch Juniors to have a certain attitude and ambition; we have missed this at Myron in the past two international matches. That is why we are now making different choices;” says Van de Looi on the KNVB website about Boadu’s absence.

“You just have to supply energy; we think that has not happened enough;” said Van de Looi opposite ESPN about the situation of Boadu. -We have looked openly and honestly at what he has brought. We know that Myron is in a difficult situation; he doesn’t play too much at his club and he has a hard time with us too. Then you want to give a player confidence and set him up; get to work with him. It would be nice if that is possible. But what a player should always do and what you can expect is go for it and show that he wants to get better and fight back to a certain level,”

This guy?

Cringe No GIF by Originals

On Friday, young Orange trainer Erwin van de Loo named his team for the upcoming international encounter. Myron Boadu is a notable absentee.

Van de Looi harshly criticised the AS Monaco striker last month, and he is now out. Crysencio Summerville of Leeds United replaces him and makes his debut in the squad. On November 12 and 15, the Dutch Juniors will face Young Bulgaria and Young Gibraltar, respectively.

"Myron is a player with a lot of talent and quality and has also proven his value for the Dutch Juniors several times. We do expect a player who is called up for the Dutch Juniors to have a certain attitude and ambition; we have missed this at Myron in the past two international matches. That is why we are now making different choices;” says Van de Looi on the KNVB website about Boadu’s absence.

“You just have to supply energy; we think that has not happened enough;” said Van de Looi opposite ESPN about the situation of Boadu. -We have looked openly and honestly at what he has brought. We know that Myron is in a difficult situation; he doesn’t play too much at his club and he has a hard time with us too. Then you want to give a player confidence and set him up; get to work with him. It would be nice if that is possible. But what a player should always do and what you can expect is go for it and show that he wants to get better and fight back to a certain level,”

This guy?

Cringe No GIF by Originals
Oki, I'll cross Boadu off my "wanted" list 😁
I also have certain doubts about Luka Jovic. He's a top talent but not sure whether he's got the "top attitude" needed to become the top player his potential "says" he could be...

I don't have a burning desire to get Vlahovic.

Yes his record is good but its just in Serie A and some people's analysis of him suggests he has limitations in his play.

I'd be far more interested in Isak. Who's shown his qualities on the international and European stages too.

I would be against spending £80m on Vlahovic and I think it'd be silly to dismiss someone like Isak. If it was a straight shoot out between the two I'd chose Isak. He'd fit our system better and has more potential I believe.

We really need a backup ST/ST in January however. Maybe best to go for a stockgap option until you can go for that big buy in Summer.

Yes his record is good but its just in Serie A and some people's analysis of him suggests he has limitations in his play.

I'd be far more interested in Isak. Who's shown his qualities on the international and European stages too.

I would be against spending £80m on Vlahovic and I think it'd be silly to dismiss someone like Isak. If it was a straight shoot out between the two I'd chose Isak. He'd fit our system better and has more potential I believe.

We really need a backup ST/ST in January however. Maybe best to go for a stockgap option until you can go for that big buy in Summer.
Not sure if you saw this thread of mine, but we’re in deep shit on HG front:

why romagnoli and not ginter, isnt he on last yr too, i would vastly prefer ginter, quality defender

cheap deal

kessie cheap deal

isak for 70-80 mill

kane goes

80-100 mill

wirtz next summer

60-70 mil

gakpo beast

40-60

sell alot of the deadwood too

onana free

those are the sort of players we need

Last edited:

Vlahovic is more gettable I think. Hasn’t signed a contract and Fiorentina seems to know they have to sell, the price being touted now seems to be more like £65m and Paratici has better relationships in Italy. Fiorentina are also pretty shit, seems like they actually might sell in January.

Whereas, Isak signed a new contract this summer with a €90m release clause and Sociedad are in a title race and really should make UCL. Just seems like he’s not dying to move and Sociedad isn’t under any pressure to move him.

Last edited:
Problem with this thread is I think of some of the most expensive players in our squad who were bought more than a year ago (so we now know them) - like Ndombele, Sanchez, Lo Celso and Bergwijn, and I then remember none of them get in the last couple of starting 11.'s ....

Only good thing is the more expensive signings from the summer (Romero, Royal, Gil) seem to be looking better ...... hope that means the people identifying the players to buy from a year or more ago are no longer at the club.

Back
Top Bottom